Opinions Wanted from Spark Owners

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

shifty72

Hey guys, I currently own a 94XP, 95XP, and 95SP, and am looking at getting something new/4 stroke for my 12 year old son, my wife, and I to ride. I really like the looks of the new 90hp 3up Spark, but I'm wondering at 225 pounds if it's big enough for me. I'd appreciate some input from those of you who own one or have ridden one. Thanks.

If you can ride an XP I would think you will be fine with a Spark. The Spark is more stable than an XP.

I have a 96 XP and a Spark 3up IBR.
I have two boys 12-14 and they are the primary riders on the Spark.
I totally agree you will have no issues on the Spark. The spark is more stable than my XP. I have some new bigger riders visit and they did not do very well on my XP but they did great on the Spark.
You should think about getting IBR it has been great for the boys. It helps with their confidents riding.

I like the IBR and look forward to adding VTS.

They don’t like to ride my XP but they love riding the Spark. I ride the spark some and really like it.
We put 32 hours on it so far this summer and had lots of fun with it.

Just an FYI, check your state for the requirement for 12 and 16 year olds to operate the ski alone. In most states, those two numbers are treated differently. In OH (Where I use to live) for example, at 12 they can not ride alone, they can steer but only with an adult. At 16 they can if they have passed the boaters course...

Just something to think about.

Good point the boys and I took a full day boaters safety course. This is required for anyone under 16 to ride alone in SC.
If you take the online course you have to retake it each year but the live training class is good until they turn 16 and can ride alone.
They have to carry the cards with them when they ride.
The boys had been riding with me for a few years and driving the XP with me on the ski before we bought the Spark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back