Operator Error? Starting 2013 RXT-X 260

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tikiman

I've had a few frustrating moments when I placed the starting key on the post but didn't get the two beeps indicating its ready to start. Instead, the cluster gauge display showed "Reading Key". I removed and reposted the key several times and would still show the same message. Finally after another repost, I would get the two beeps and it would start right up.
I was guessing that I was maybe placing the key on the post crooked or something but after happening twice in a row, my full attention was devoted to slowly and systematically putting it on. And it would still fail. This episode has repeated several times.
Any ideas?

Mine give me the one loud beep if I don't put the key in perfectly straight. Seems to do it more with the learners key than the "fun" key.

Is the key or post dirty? Sometimes I have to spin the key around a little bit to get the two beeps. Energize the system before putting the key on.

I have two skis, one I MUST hit the start button to wake it up, the other I can put the key right on and all is well.

Soooo,,,
Ensure that the key and the DESS post are clean and experiment with hitting the start button before putting the key on the DESS post...

Like they said above... push the start button, wait a few seconds, then put the key on, then push start button to start it.

I hate that it does this. Its annoying. If you dont wait long enough, the ski won't recognize the key and it keeps saying READING KEY.

Like they said above... push the start button, wait a few seconds, then put the key on, then push start button to start it.

I hate that it does this. Its annoying. If you dont wait long enough, the ski won't recognize the key and it keeps saying READING KEY.

Exactly how my one ski works. Though it is like 4 seconds or so, it seems like a week and a half when you are waiting...

Haha! Yes, it does seem forever and a day when I've launched from the trailer and I'm sliding backwards, the ski wants to turn towards the pier posts with their angry barnacles waiting to attack! (Ugh, those first dings are the hardest!!)
Thanks for the ideas, the cap and the post seem clean... I didn't think to hit the start button once to wake it up first. Thanks!

My self is having this problem with my two 2010 rxt 215. They are post displaying that message reading keys. I can't get anything out of them both. What's up with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarify please.
When you put the lanyard on do you get any beeps?
Have you tried pushing the start button before putting the lanyard on the post?

In my experience, Setting the key on the post on flush imperative. My wife can never get the two beeps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back