Oil Pump Fitting Spins and comes out

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lswaffield

:willy_nilly:The line running into my oil pump goes into a fitting with a square block that in turn goes into the oil pump. Is the block/hose fitting supposed to be able to spin and/or come out of the pump? When servicing the pump and putting a new o-ring around where the pump goes into the mag housing, the fitting attached to the line popped out but made a snap when I popped it back in. When I fired it up and ran it that night all seemed fine the next day I had oil all down in the well. I reached around and that line was half out of the oil pump. It is blocked by a flange or it would have come all the way out.

Is the block/hose fitting supposed to be able to spin and/or come out of the pump?

Here is a pic of another pump. I circled the fitting I am asking about.

If it not supposed to spin or be able to pop out. I am considering JB Welding it in unless there is a way I can solder it in like a plumbing pipe. Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Lee
Oil Pump.jpg

I took a look at my ski this morning, I don't think that the fitting you're talking about is supposed to be loose, I checked my 96GSX in it's in there tight (I didn't want to pull on it too much). You might want to PM Nick [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] and see if he has one.

Lou

It is not supposed to move. I would suggest replacing it, I have good used ones for $50 shipped. You might get away with gluing it in place, but its not the right way to do it.

Thank you so much. Can you please reply with order information when you get a chance. A like to store/ebay etc?

Thank you again,
Lee

Minnetonka4me Is a great seller, I have bought couple of things and from and he has quality new and used parts, send him a PM(private message) to talk about the part/parts. GL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back