Oil in hull, will it hurt the fiberglass

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJinSC

When the nipple fell out of my oil injector pump, the entire contents of my oil tank ended up in the hull. It has been rinse out very well and I have sopped up most of this. However, each time a little water gets in the hull, it seems to wash and puddle a little more oil from places I could not reach. My question is will this oil hurt the fiberglass if left alone or should I try washing the inside of the hull out with something like Dawn dish washing soap?

The oil won't hurt the fiberglass but for safety reasons I would wash it out. The best product I have found is Castrol Super Clean, dilute about 50% spray it on wait a few minutes then hose it off. If you have a lot of oil you might need to do this a few times. If you can't find the Castrol Super Clean there is another product called Purple Power that works pretty good also.

Lou

Cool, is this stuff safe for the rubber and plastic parts. I have used hull cleaners in my boat before and that stuff seams to be rough on the rubber seals of the bilge pump.

Cool, is this stuff safe for the rubber and plastic parts. I have used hull cleaners in my boat before and that stuff seams to be rough on the rubber seals of the bilge pump.

Yep... just don't let it sit too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back