"Oil" fault on 2004 RXP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dooguy99

Hello from Canada,

I bought an RXP about a year and a half ago, and am still stuck with a very aggravating problem, that I am reaching out for help on. I will idle all day long, but as soon as I give it some throttle, it goes into limp mode and the solid alarm comes on, the guage cluster reads "oil". i do not have history before me on the ski, but it appears to bea a 215 that is turned into a 255hp. The hull is 2004, the harness I assume the same, as i t has the plugs on the harness for the oil separator and front pressure sensor. It has 2008 guages, ECM, ...and I think injectors and compressor wheel. I have just pulled the engine for the second time,...and am stuck on what to try next??? I have replace both oil pressure switches, tried both version of the rear pressure switch, normally open and normally closed. Changed oil pressure regulator. Dissconnected wires and vent hoses off the oil separator. There is no oil separator switches on the newer 2008 setup, so the 2008 brian would not know what to do with those inputs,...so currently dissconnected. I could drill out the cap on the balancer shaft and make it flow through, but I can't really see that making a difference,...apparently the later balance shafts are all flow through, replacement shafts are updated to flow through, and a somene experienced in this model suggested the to me. I put a pressure guage on the rear port and it is 80 to 100 psi when off idle, lots of pressure....I present this video below that I found online.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7zDoIy_QqQ[youtube.com]

I would greatly appreciate any ideas of what to check / try next,,... I have tried everything I can think of. I have googled these forums and have tried every possible solution I have come across already. Local dealers will not work on it, because it is not all stock format. Any ideas out there,...greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back