Now the owner of a 2005 RXP and a GTX sc

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wfo speedracer

Got a phone call today, guy wanted to get rid of both of them and keep his trailer, RXP runs, I will be riding it tomorrow, GTX has an electrical issue , he thinks the battery got loose and grounde out, I have an MPEM and an ECU here for that model, both machine sans trailer $700.00 ! :thumbsup::hurray::willy_nilly::driving::seeya:

Tried out the RXP it would not take off and when I pulled it out water was leaking around the driveshaft, took it home and pulled the rear cowling , it had about an 1/8" GAP between the carbon ring and the carrier piece, I took the o-ring out pushed the whole assy. forward and installed a large zip tie behind the boot the clamped it back down and re-installed the circlip.

Second water test ski takes off but runs like sh!t, I surmised the spark plugs were fouled so this morning I changed them out and dropped it in the Coosa river on the way to work, it now runs perfect pulls 8000 RPM and runs an indicated 70MPH.

96 hours on this machine , on to ski number two !

Gtx up and running , hooked up the candoo and it said no ECU found, plugged in another known good ECU same thing, so I started looking , found a blown five amp fuse, programmed up a lanyard and got two beeps, then for shits and giggle plugged up the other ECU, both work fine.

Folks this is why you don't take your skis to the dealership, the RXP was mis-diagnosed as having low compression, it has 96 hours on it, compression is well within specs and it runs 70 on the clock.

GTX was diagnosed as having a bad ECU, what it had was a blown 5 amp fuse, so far I figure they have cost that customer somewhere around $7000-8000.

I didn't ask to buy these skis he called me and he set the price.

Dude, you lucky dog! I never get those calls. I live near the Coosa in Shelby county Al. Where are you? If you get bored and want to organize a small ride, hit me up.

So what's your thoughts on the 4 strokes as far as riding impressions coming from the 2 strokes?

Nice to have that kind of networking going on so you get those calls. Man, it's good to hear about someone enjoying a bit of awesomeness.

Nice find WFO. Wish I had that kind of luck. Lol

PS. The cylinders worked perfectly and it is up and running great. Thanks a million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back