Noisy Engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

moesonex

I have a 2001 Challenger 2000 with 240HP fuel injected motor. I am new to this type of motor. Is it normal for the 2 stroke motor to be very noisy and smokey. I just bought this boat and I am not sure if something is wrong or this is normal. I met a fisherman with an old bass boat with what he said was a similar 2 stroke in his outboard and he said it was normal. Would appreeciate any suggestion.
Thanks

Remember that a 2 stroke motor burns an oil and gas mixture. So the smoke you will encounter is the oil burning in the cylinders. If its excessive, like in a mosquito control kinda way then you may have other issues. As far as the noise, 2 strokes are a bit louder than 4 strokes. Having said that, ur boat should not be obnoxious. There is a such thing as too much.....Good luck.

does anybody have a video or sound recording of one of these boats at idle with the engine cover off? I've been wondering the same thing about the noises.

I'll try getting a video next week. I also don't have anything to compare to. I am going on vacation this weekend and I'm hoping their will be another Challenger their.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back