No start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look up your boat in the parts link at the top of the page, look at the wiring harness, there is a plug for the TOPS tip over protection system, not sure if you have one but if it is not working it will cause a no start.

should see close to 12 volts on the yellow red wire and ground on the other wire when hitting the start button. that should close the connection between both the red wires on the relay
I'm not seeing any voltage when I have + on the plug that goes into relay and - on battery. Nothing before or after hitting start button

Look up your boat in the parts link at the top of the page, look at the wiring harness, there is a plug for the TOPS tip over protection system, not sure if you have one but if it is not working it will cause a no start.
Where is it on the engine? I looked at the diagram and yes I do have one. Just can't figure out where it is

Not sure on boats, they changed placement of them on just about every model. All I know is there are lots for sale on *bay so they must fail. If you look at the wiring harness where it describes the plug that goes into the sensor then you can possibly figure it out from that as the rest of the harness is self describing.

My no start issue solved: 30a relay (fuse box closest to the battery) was no good. To test relay you can do an ohms test. Take multimeter to the 85 and 86 pins and if there is a resistance reading between 50 and 120, the relay is good. More info in video

Cost of a multimeter $70 and 30a relay $9
Vs.
1 hr of labor at local service dealer $90

Of course this is after they tell me they don't test fuses just swap new ones in to see if anything changes....figures. Who knows how many hours of testing it would of taken to get to that step. Thanks for the help people

Wow took it to the stealer and service said they would get right on it. that was 3 or 4 weeks ago..anyways said that wires in the harness were corroded to the point that insulation was flaking off but now they got it running? I'd like to know how since they didn't replace the harness or any wires? Now they are saying the tach isn't working and that will screw up the ECM and down the engine? I have never heard that one before, has anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back