no start 2001 seedo gti

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

joseo67

guys I am new to this forum but have owned a jet ski for a few years. currently my jet ski does not start, when I set key it beeps twice then I push the start button and nothing happens there is a noise coming out of the silenoid box compartment.
I have jumped the starter silenoid and it does spin over but doesn't start, I am guessing since it is bypassing the key.
any help would help.
I am also guessing it is probably the push start button but don't know how to bypass it to see.
thanks!

If it cranks over when you jump the solenoid but not when you push the start button it is typically the solenoid. The start button rarely goes bad.

If it cranks over when you jump the solenoid but not when you push the start button it is typically the solenoid. The start button rarely goes bad.

yes sir...but I replaced the starter solenoid from another working jet ski and it did the same thing.
then I installed the solenoid from the non working jet ski on the other jet ski and it still worked fine.

I am far from an expert but I had the same problem and what I did was run a ground from the negative side of the battery to the "ground lug" in the electrical box where the solenoid is. If this works then you have a bad ground wire.

If that does not work you have the check that there is voltage on the little plug that goes in the solenoid. Unplug and check the voltage at the plug when you push the start button.

Hope this helps

Gary

o.k. guys...I just got back into working on the jet ski again and checked all fuses and ground like some of you have mentioned and also called the service dept. they too told me that the push start button really doesn't go out, they haven't seen one go out. well I still went on to remove it ruined the set screw in the process but after pulling it out it clicked and everything like it should,but when I peeled back the wire insulation and jumped the two wires it cranked right up!!!! problem solved thanks for all the help that is what this forum is all about.to post your problems and fixes.
j.o.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back