No spark - Plugs wet

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scrisp

I replaced the rectifier yesterday and now am getting no spark. I used a visual tester to check and got nothing out of either plug, but the plugs are wet, so it's getting gas/oil.

#1. After taking the box apart twice and checking for any loose wires, I didn't find anything until I took it completely out and put I put it on the bench. The wire circled in blue is what I'm assuming to be, a ground? If that is not connected, will that cause a no spark situation? I disconnected it because it is sharp on the corner and opened my hand up. I'm just worried that not being connected might cause other things to fry.

I'm paranoid about working on electronics in these things, they are so sensitive.

#2. The yellow wires that are circled in pink, go to the stator, but they are marked different on the new rectifier (two yellow, instead of a yellow, and a yellow with black stripe). Does it matter which way these are connected? I mean if they are reversed, with it still work properly?

I switched them around and got no spark that way either. That's why I'm wondering about the black ground wire being disconnected causing the problem. I reconnected that wire but not sure if that was the issue or not, before i put it back in the hull.

That was the problem, the black wire. I put it back in and it fired right up. Funny how something as simple as a ground wire can cause such a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back