No power, full battery, no blown fuses.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I was going to change the start stop button on my 2004 seadoo gtx super charged. I tried to remove the dess post and heard a small click by the fuse panel. I stopped and trying to start the ski and found I had no power at all. No beeps, no instruments, nothing. I am lost on what to do next. I made sure the battery was charged and tried different keys. I am thinking it’s the dess post but don’t want to throw parts at it and hope. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff

Hey Jeff, I had a similar problem. Try this. First, verify your battery is serviceable. Next, put your lanyard on the D.E.S.S. post and wiggle the forward AMP electrical connector on the MPEM. Let us know if the ski comes back to life.

No. Here's the bad news. That connector is pulling away from the motherboard inside the MPEM, and you are going to need to replace the MPEM. I replaced my MPEM (search your MPEM part number on Ebay), and my ski is working great again.

K

Yes I was fighting this problem for many months. First I changed the starter solenoid, but that didn't fix the problem. I'd ride around and all of the sudden the ski would die, no gauges, no power, no nothing. I'd pull the seat off and wiggle the wire harnesses on the MPEM and the ski would come back to life. When I looked closely, I noticed the connector on the MPEM was moving. I've been GTG every since I replaced the MPEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back