RESTO No crank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

brucep1bruce

2000 gtx 787 RFI put new motor in it was cranking fine then just stopped. No beeps no click no illumination. checked grounds and fuses jumped solinoid engine cranks right over. Stupid question but is it possible that one could install to high of a amperage battery and toast the mpem? Would a bad voltage regulator cause it not to crank?

As for as I know the amperage should have no effect on anything. When it comes to batteries all that is going to matter is the voltage.

I had these same symptoms in the past and it took me a while to figure out that it was the rectifier (voltage regulator) it was a fairly cheap fix and worth a shot

2000 gtx 787 RFI put new motor in it was cranking fine then just stopped. No beeps no click no illumination. checked grounds and fuses jumped solinoid engine cranks right over. Stupid question but is it possible that one could install to high of a amperage battery and toast the mpem? Would a bad voltage regulator cause it not to crank?
If jumping the solenoid causes the starter to try to turn the engine over then it's NOT a mechanical problem.....jumping the solenoid puts full battery power directly to the starter which it nothing but a strong electric motor.

If the ski stopped cranking when pressing the Start/Stop button (and the battery is not dead)...you have an electrical issue....check fuses first, then wiring connections, etc.....chasing electric is ALWAYS FUN, but usually free!

If jumping the solenoid causes the starter to try to turn the engine over then it's NOT a mechanical problem.....jumping the solenoid puts full battery power directly to the starter which it nothing but a strong electric motor.

If the ski stopped cranking when pressing the Start/Stop button (and the battery is not dead)...you have an electrical issue....check fuses first, then wiring connections, etc.....chasing electric is ALWAYS FUN, but usually free!
It blew the fuse because I had the iat? And the tps wires crossed. It's all good now it actually runs

As for as I know the amperage should have no effect on anything. When it comes to batteries all that is going to matter is the voltage.

I had these same symptoms in the past and it took me a while to figure out that it was the rectifier (voltage regulator) it was a fairly cheap fix and worth a shot
I had the iat? Harness crossed with the tps and it blew a fuse. It was hard to see it was such a hairline break in the fuse but it fixed it when I had the right wires going to the right place . It actually started right up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back