Nipple on mercury 240 efi head, i heard it goes to the fuel system ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsmitty469

I just purchased a 2001 seadoo challenger 240 efi. After looking into it it seems I am missing the nipple that goes on the head. When the boat is put in the lake water runs inside of the hull from the hole in the head?
Where can I find this nipple and how it is supposed to be hooked up? I attack a picture of the hole and another of one I found online with the nipple in the bottom right corner.

Attachments

• 20180724_173728.jpg
    20180724_173728.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20180724-200815_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20180724-200815_eBay.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Is that on the exhaust cover? (center cover) My engine doesn't have anything hooked up there. AND... once the coil mount is put on... I'm not sure how you would get to it. BUT... regardless... it needs plugged up.

Dr Honda, it turns out it is a 1/8 plug. And yes with the coils in place it is near impossible to get to. I tried two different plugs with no success. As a last ditch effort I started looking around the garage for anything that may work. And by some amazing act of God I found something. The bleed screw to a furnace burner. It gives you just enough to hold onto and it has a taper to the end which centers the "plug" for you. That is the big issue the other plugs may have worked but where it it located it is impossible to hold it straight when it's in between your pointer and middle finger and trying to screw at the same time. There is no room for socket and ratchet. Being that it's a bleed screw I had to braze the end shut. Some thread tape and a 7/16 ratchet wrench later and I was good to go. Thanks for responding on this one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back