Newbie here needs help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

antwhite624

Hey guys, first-time owner and poster here. My husband and I just scored a 2004 GTX Wake with 150 hours from my uncle and have only taken it out four times. This past Sunday, we had the sea doo out for most of the day with zero isssues, after running out most of a full tank of gas, I pulled it into the marina to fill it up with no problems. Upon leaving, the boat had absolutely no get up and go and was revving pretty high. We eventually got it back to the truck and pulled it home. Today, after the advice of a friend who knows his pwc's, we looked in the propeller and saw a rock caught in the jet pump that is before the impeller. We removed the rock and took it back down to the water see if everything was okay. Long story short, it wasn't. It still had no get up and go and was revving high. The best way I know to explain it is it feels like a car that won't get out of first gear. I apologize for any incorrect terminology, like I said, we are extremely new at Sea Doo's. I was raised on the lake, but never really took the time to learn about the mechanics :facepalm: I'm hoping someone out there can give me a glimmer of hope that we haven't destroyed our new toy!

I will try to attach a picture that shows where the rock was found. 18485911_10208780891695764_4861533471249561625_n.jpg

Thanks for any help!
Nicole

The rock either damaged the wear ring, the impeller, or both,,, Take a look from under the ski up through the water intake and see if there is anything else stuck there. Something as small as a weed or string can cause cavitation (which is your issue, (like tires spinning)). If there is ANYTHING on the shaft or the impeller, that is the issue.

If not, take a pic from under the ski and post it. I'm betting the rock scored the wear ring. The gap from the impeller to the wear ring should be no larger then the width of the dime (4mm).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back