new to this forum and sea doos!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jreitter

am considering buying my first sea doo. ive been looking at a 96 gts 3 seater that looks to be in just about excellent condition. does anybody out there have any feedback as to how they perform, what to look for and etc.? after doing some research on this model it looks like it has the smallest of engines offered that year...is this considered an entry level ski which would be good for me?

Welcome jreitter
If it has the 717/720 engine this is a very reliable motor, still with good power 85 hp I believe.

Great ski to begin on, easy to work on also. More people will chime in. I have the 787 in my GTX.

the guy told me its like a 249cc engine which on the internet showed it was a 787 or a 789 he couldnt exactly remember?

OK, That's a very good engine. A tad bit more complex than the 717. It has 110HP. You'll enjoy it immensely.

post the results of your tests.

Check to see if it has the gray tempo fuel lines. If so then change then ASAP, before running it. Lots of threads "how to" for it

Change the pump oil, unless you know when it was last changed this year! Clean/rebuild the carbs while changing the fuel lines.
Grease the PTO bearing, if you have one. Drain & replace any gas that's been sitting in it for longer than 3 months.

Go to the how to section and start reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back