new to seadoo's .. And i inherited a nightmare

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_oso21

.... Hey i got a 2000 seadoo xp from a friend and it needed a carb rebuild , so i took it to place and they say the carb bolts are frozen , and they probably have to cut it off and i have to buy a new carb ( $900>00 bucks) , dont have that kind of cash so i came on this site to get some ideas >...... thanks in advance , jay

What "place" did you take it to? I can't imagine it being that tough to get the carbs. off that they would be ruined. Even if the bolts were ruined or broken in the process you should be able to remove the studs and re-tap the holes.

Since you're not doing the work yourself, you need to take it to another shop, either a SeaDoo dealer, or an independent with references.

I don't live in your area but I'm sure there are members of this forum that could recommend a good shop.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
Not unusual, marine places seem to assume boat owners are either loaded, stupid, or both. When I got my 2001 Challenger, it had a frozen F-N-R shift cable. Bought the part and brought it to a place to have installed. The quote came to $506!! I responded with shock and told them for that I'll figure it out myself. They'd already pulled the old cable out, so I told them since the work is mostly done I'll pay $200. They refused, put the old one back in (in total the same amount of work as replacing it) and sent me on my way.

Took me 2 hours to do the work, including a trip to the hardware store for loctite, and I had no idea what I was doing.

Either find an honest shop or figure out how to work on these things! You need a good back, Sea-Doo doesn't make it easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back