New to SeaDoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helena

Hello Everyone, Forgive me if I sound like an idiot but when it comes to any of this I am... I am a 53 y/o female who has decided to buy a seadoo 1998 speedster boat. I paid 5000.00 runs great but the speedometer and fuel gages dont work and the 2 tachometers and key works on and off. The cushions are not bad but need some help as well.
I know its sounds crazy but I love the boat and decided to make it a project. My bf is a mechanic who uses to work on offshore boats so we figured he might be able to pull this off with me. Hes game but Im trying to make this as easy as possible so Im doing my homework and need ALL the advice I can get. For starters, a Key! no pun intended. I rode it approximately 15 miles down bayou Lafourche. It was incredible and awesome!!
We replaced the battery 2 days ago after it exploded on me while I was trying to start engine. ( small screw popped off and made a loud sound and still cant find the plastic caps ... I think they melted.? I’m not giving up!

I dont expect to pay 5000.00 for a boat and have it run or look like a 35,000 boat but I have a 6 year old grandson and I m hoping to get it running in a safe manner we can enjoy without being in danger.
This sight is awesome and already from reading has given me alot of encouragement! I’m still excited and I know as issues arise I ll need support to not loose my joy in this. Any advice and wisdom is welcome!!!
Helena (Thib, LA)
Can we upload pics on here? Image1533076246.466973.jpgImage1533076363.474173.jpg

This is not for sale. Its what I bought. Looking for original owner and or vin for trailor too.

Search for DESS issues if your "key" is acting up. Start woth checking fuses for the gauge issues. Find a service manual for your boat.

In general, your boat is like an overgrown jetski and most of the issues with the engines are exaclty the same as those found in the more numerous PWC, so spend some time in the pwc areas of this site.

The issues specific to boats involve a more complex MPEM that oversees twin engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back