1996 Seadoo Speedster RPM, impellers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I have a 96 Speedster and it runs very well, I purchased and have been using solas SD-SC-X props (16-23 pitch) since my other props have a lot of cavitation marks and have noticed my top speed increase (I’m hitting 50) but my RPM only hits 6250(I’m using tiny tachs). I know that prop pitch can have an effect on rpm’s I was just wondering if these props could affect rpm that much? I’m pretty sure the stock impellers pitch is 11-22 but I’m not certain. I like to run this boat like a jetski doing hard turns and 180’s and I used to be able to do that with the old impellers (maybe because it would cavitate) but I seem fall off the power curve when I try to so Im not sure if I should send my old impellers to get refurbished by impros or not so that I’m able to stay on the power curve when I’m a wannabe jetski lol

Yes, they can cause issues and since you are only reaching 6250 rpm, that is too tall of an impeller.
You can't go by pitch numbers because there is no standard so you can't match pitch between brands.
Contact Impros to see what you have and what you need.

Okay thank you, I should also mention I have different computers in here from older skis without dess, would that effect the wot rpm. Wiring is a mess but the boat runs great

Back