New San Diego owner

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, my name is Christian I'm 22 and live down here in San Diego. I am soon to be a new owner of a 96 seadoo xp and a 94 seadoo xp. My grandfather owned these skis and they've been sitting in his backyard for at least two years. I'll be picking those up tomorrow and starting a restoration thread. A little nervous to see what these guys are going to need as we know these two strokes require quite a bit of maintenance and they haven't been touched.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can bring those hoods back to life. Couple threads on here about it. Dont toss em

If you do not have covers and they are kept outside, at the very least invest in a couple cheap Harbor Freight tarps; the sun out here, as you probably know, just kills exterior and seats.

Check out the threads relating to cleaning out the fuel and oil systems and especially the replacement of the fuel lines (grey tempo lines were found on my 96 XP, do not know about the 95). I know the 96 XP is subject to a fuel tank recall/replacement, free from any dealer; call with the hin of both skis to verify the need, they can tell you by hin if the replacement has been done,

Welcome to the best SeaDoo forum, have fun.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back