New rebuild motor going in 2002 gtx di but not sure why it blew up the 1 time.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ricardo1

So like the tittle says I will get my 951 di motor Tuesday and it's a fully rebuild with 2 year no fault warranty, now my question is if the ski was already on its 2 engine why might be causing the problems? I know it could be a lot of things but the engine looked fine but that one side that broke the big end of they connection rod and made the motor lock up( to me it looks like it leaned out that one cylinder because I have seen two 2 stroke motors that looks like that after air leaks on that side.
How can I check the oil on the ski?

thanks

Well make sure that you install new tygon oil lines 3/32'' ID. Yours is a DI, so its very rare to run "lean" normally a fuel injector fails and causes the cylinder to "wash" and washes away all the oil, and scoring the cylinders/seizing up. Counterbalance bearings fail, that is why they should be changed when rebuilding the bottom end. Also, water/moisture is a big killer for these engines.

If the crank failed, running lean really does not have much to do with that. Most likely water ingestion, lack of oil, or wrong oil, or crappy parts to begin with.

Use XPS II or Amsoil interceptor oil. Full synthetic Low ash API-TC. Replace inline oil filter while you're in there.

Keep an eye on your plugs every so often, and as soon as the ski isn't running 100%, STOP, and find what is causing it. Dont just ride it expecting it to fix itself.

So new oil lines, new oil filter, and keep eye on the plugs?
The color of the oil lines was a dark green/blue so it used the wrong oil at some point of its life, dont know about the water ingestion and is there a way i could check on injector is leaking?

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S4 using Tapatalk 2

Are we sure those oil lines aren't supposed to be 1/8" ID?

Doc Honda's post from 3 years ago:

"the small lines are 1/8" ID. Some guys use fuel line for a weed-eater, some go to the dealer and buy factory replacements, but I use 1/8" ID Tygon Fuel line. (can be bought at your local hobby shop) In reality, any gasoline stable hose is fine. And yes... you can just use Zip-ties to hold the new hoses on. If you go to a hobby shop to buy hose... do not get silicone fuel line for "Glow" fuel. It will swell up, and probably die before you make it to the water."

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthrea...9230-Oil-Lines

I calculated that an oil line 1/32 larger than 3/32 will deliver 1.78x greater flow at the same pressure by using this formula: Flow1/Flow2 = (r1/r2)^2
(0.0625/0.0469)^2 = 1.78

So new oil lines, new oil filter, and keep eye on the plugs?
The color of the oil lines was a dark green/blue so it used the wrong oil at some point of its life, dont know about the water ingestion and is there a way i could check on injector is leaking?

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S4 using Tapatalk 2

I use F-4040-A tygon, it's green color tubing.

The other factor I think could also be important, is the condition of the fuel system. Specifically, if one of the fuel injectors is partially clogged, fuel/air mixture may be out of calibration to the lean side, and we all know what the result can be when that happens in a 2 stroke engine.

So, you should probably find a professionally cleaned, refurbished and calibrated set of fuel injectors as well as a fresh fuel filter to keep them from loading up with trash. Cleaning any debris out of the fuel tank and fuel system would also be part of the process.

I think you probably want to consider replacing the in-line fuel filter AND the two sock filters inside the tank. These two sock filters will load up with dirt, and should be replaced so they don't cause fuel system issues.

Check out this thread, the two sock filters are made by Airtex, and are available at many autoparts stores if you know which ones to get, I think the airtex numbers in this thread are what you need, and they're not super expensive, a good value, I think!

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthre...Filters-Need-help-identifying-for-Dealership-!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back