New additional fuse block

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meach

I want to put in a device by the original fuse block to connect stereo, fishfinder, cell phone charger all run from a second battery. Im going to run two new wires hot and ground from the new battery to where the existing fuse block is in the storage compartment behind steering wheel. I know i have to fuse the hot wire at the battery. What size wire do I use and what size fuse do I use. Has anybody done something like this have some suggestions or guidance?

Thanks

Mark

Go to your local salvage yard and pull a fuse box panel out of a vehicle. Cut the wire harness from the back side with six inches or so of wire. This will give you a good solid product to work with. When connecting the wires, slide shrink wrap down the wire, twist the wires together, then solder the twisted wires. Then slide the shrink wrap up over the soldered joint and heat it up. It will shrink around the soldered joint and protect it...

Go to your local salvage yard and pull a fuse box panel out of a vehicle. Cut the wire harness from the back side with six inches or so of wire. This will give you a good solid product to work with. When connecting the wires, slide shrink wrap down the wire, twist the wires together, then solder the twisted wires. Then slide the shrink wrap up over the soldered joint and heat it up. It will shrink around the soldered joint and protect it...

That's why this is such a great idea. I would have never thought of that. Thanks so much

Mark

That's a great way to connect wires. I use to rebuilt slots in Reno and we used shrink tubing on most of our connections and all the splices. Beats wrapping with electrical tape or those stupid crimp connectors.

Thanks

Mark

That's a great way to connect wires. I use to rebuilt slots in Reno and we used shrink tubing on most of our connections and all the splices. Beats wrapping with electrical tape or those stupid crimp connectors.

Thanks

Mark

Works flawlessly. I have done it like this for YEARS and I have NEVER had a joint fail to date,,,

Well I was digging around in the storage behind the steering wheel and I found a plug with an Orange and Black wire going to it, the end of the plug was just capped. I looked up the wiring diagram and wouldn't you know it, its a 10 amp wire for accessories. Im gonna use this as a power wire for the new fuse block as all my accessories are only like 2 to 3 amp fuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back