NEED HELPPPP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsdunbar23

Got this ski a month ago it had been sittin a while took it out to the lake and ran for 2mins then started busting up then limp mode took it home drained all the fuel put new fuel and new BR8ES plugs gapped to .045 took it out the following weekend and ran awesome all day. Note I only put 10$ in fuel cause I didn’t know how it was gonna act. So after riding it all day is started busting up again I took my seat off and looked at the fuel because my gauges are screwed from the sun anyways there wasn’t enough fuel in the tank to see so I figured it was busting up due to running low on fuel so loaded it took it home. Took it back out the next weekend after adding 10$ more in fuel and brought extra plugs just in case was on the water maybe 5 mins wide open across the lake and started busting up and this time died and would not crank back up tried for 30 to 40 mins and still no start. Put the new plugs in still no luck So got a tow back to the dock put it on the trailer and tried to crank it before leaving and it took about 30secs of turning over and finallly spit and sputtered it’s way back to full throttle dropped it back in the water crunk it up and it hauled ass for about 2 mins then died I said the hell with it loaded it up and now I’m here asking for help

First off you are running it way too low on fuel. You could have sucked trash into the fuel filters continuously running it out of fuel.

I would check compression before doing anything else to see if it is seizing or healthy.

If that checks out you need to replace the in tank fuel filters and fill the tank.

Alright I’ll pull the pump and clean or replace that filter then fill with fuel and see what she’ll do
I’ll also check compression
What do these motors require 120psi or above?

150 psi is perfect, 120 is time for rebuild, less than 120 it won’t start in the water and no more than 5 psi difference between cylinders.

You can get the fuel filters at the auto parts store if you search them form for the numbers.

I would check compression before spending any money.

Alright so I checked compression and it’s roughly 160 psi on both cylinders. I pulled fuel pump and the filters were completely deteriorated little pieces were in the tank so I cleaned the tank bought new filters put the pump back together gapped the new plugs to .045 pulled injectors and turned it over to make sure they were both spraying and the both are spraying great so put that back together took the oil pump off cleaned it and put it back on went to the lake got on the water took a few tries but finally crunk up let it idle for a sec and got on the throttle it opened up for maybe 3 seconds and died and I haven’t got it to crank since. I did pull plugs and held them to metal while turning it over to see how strong the spark was and it was great strong ignition spark. That was before I went to the lake. After I get it out the water I pull plugs and they are drentched in fuel.

Alright so I checked compression and it’s roughly 160 psi on both cylinders. I pulled fuel pump and the filters were completely deteriorated little pieces were in the tank so I cleaned the tank bought new filters put the pump back together gapped the new plugs to .045 pulled injectors and turned it over to make sure they were both spraying and the both are spraying great so put that back together took the oil pump off cleaned it and put it back on went to the lake got on the water took a few tries but finally crunk up let it idle for a sec and got on the throttle it opened up for maybe 3 seconds and died and I haven’t got it to crank since. I did pull plugs and held them to metal while turning it over to see how strong the spark was and it was great strong ignition spark. That was before I went to the lake. After I get it out the water I pull plugs and they are drentched in fuel.
Do you have the tempo gray fuel lines? Also rebuild the carbs ONLY WITH GENUINE MIKUNI KITS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back