need help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

yohandi

i have a 2002 gtx di is running good the problem is that is lossing alot of power on top end and i dont now why i already loss like 10mph on top end the engine runs and sound good

Welcome to the seadoo forum yohandi. Are the rpms inceasing but the pwc doesn't go as fast? Is that what your saying?

Karl

thank you the rpm drop from 6900 to 6100 and is going really slow it used to run 59 to 61 mph and now the top speed is 50 mph

When is the last time you cleaned you RAVE,(Rotax Adjustable Variable Exhaust) valve system? They might need to be de-carbonized. This service is suppose to be done annually. The RAVE valves allow the exhaust port to be adjustable based on the rpm of the engine. The faster it goes the wider it opens. The slower you go the smaller the opening is. I think this is your problem.

Karl

naver do you know where is that valve located and how to cleaned im a diesel mechanic do you think i can cleaned my selft

The RAVE, (Rotax Adjustable Variable Exhaust) valves are located above the exhaust valve.There are 2 of them per engine. They are round with a red adjustment screw in the middle. It has a clip that holds it together. How they work is that they open the exhaust port larger as the engine rpm's increase. When the rpm's drop down so does the RAVE valve. As rpm's increase, pressure increases and the valve opens, rpm's drop pressure drops, Valve closes. They should be de-carbonized annual. To disassemble the rave valves, remove the spring clip on top, remove the black cover. There is a spring under the cover. Remove the piston by turning it with a metric socket. On the bottom of the piston is the rubber "Bellows" be careful with the small retaining spring that hold the bellows on the piston. Remove the 2 allen screws that hold the base on the cylinder. Remove the base and gasket. The long valve won't fall in the cylinder just pull it out. There is an o ring under the base, on the shaft of the guillotine valve. Be careful to see how it came apart as it has to go back together that same way again. On the base, notice the notch that it is facing down. Clean all the carbon off the guillotine valve. I use carb cleaner and 400 grit paper. Check the bellows for any small pin holes. If so replace it. If not, reassemble it on the clean guillotine valve, and install it back on the engine the same way it came apart. The guillotine valve only fits one way. The one closest to the exhaust pipe will come off differently then the other one. You will have to remove the allen screws and turn the base so it clears the exhaust pipe. I would do one at a time in case you forget how it goes back together again. This way you can look at the other one and copy it. Do both valves. Take your time and if you have questions give us a shout. We'll be here to help you out.
If the RAVE valves are dirty it will not rev up correctly and could be causing your problem.

Karl

thank you im going to clean them in the morning i have 175 hrs on that jetski and to be honest i only remplace the plugs every 40 hrs

If you get in a jam, I'll be on line on and off tomorrow.Just re-post here an I help you out.If you want to you could join as a "premium member" and get an authentic seadoo manual from the library here on the seadoo forum. It will give you the correct procedure with pictures and explanations of the procedure. You can view it as a pdf file on line or download it and print it off your personal and privet use. Click on the "Seadoo Manuals" link for details. All the funds go to keep the lights on here at the seadoo forum. Either way if you get in a jam give me a shout. This forum is all about helping out members.

Karl

thank you if you have a diesel ford truck and you need help im a powerstroke diesel mechanic for ford motors thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back