Need help with 1997 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwellmancpa

I just bought a 1997 Sea Doo GTX. Seems to run great, idle, etc. If you gun it right after idle, will quickly rev to about 6000 rpm and feel like it is going to go, then falls on its face, won't rev over 4500 rpm, and goes about 24 mph. then if you let off gas and let it idle a little bit and punch it, will start to rev quick for about 2-3 seconds, then falls flat. I had a plug in the pipe fixed that appeared to have a hole in it. I sure could use some help please, supposed to go riding this weekend, a first date with someone, would hate to stand them up due to this.

RAVE's....

Sounds like you need to check the RAVE valves. If they haven't been cleaned in some time, this will be the end result. Lack of power.

On the tool bar, there is a search engine. Use keywords, rave valve, cleaning.:cheers:

another possibility is poor fuel flow. light load, carbs fill up with gas. hit it, drains it out faster than ski can replenish. do all the fuel filters, especially the little ones inside the carbs and get rid of the grey fuel lines. try running on the reserve setting. if better, it is the fuel selector valve or the pickup anti siphon check valve in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back