Something jammed and bogging engine - need help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Tschmidt

I have a 2003 XP DI that has had a growing clanking sound towards the rear at idle or low RPM for some time but would always seem to go away as the RPM increased. Recently started and sounded like a rather normal idle but when I increase RPM the engine bogs down. No more clanking! The shaft spins and the impeller appears clear.

Local SeaDoo shop no longer works on 2 strokes (probably no surprise to all of you!)

Need some help to DIY or where to find service in NM.

Sounds like the connected rod on the Air Compressor sheared the bolt. Might be why the clanking stopped. If you have a way to check the air pressure I would do that. I'm must suggesting this. I'd verify first for sure. If it is the aircompressor rod bolt sheared I've rebuilt the air compressor without removing the engine. Gotta remove the jet pump and PTO. Then you can get to the connecting rod cover. This is what it looks like when you get the cover off. Hopefully this isn't your issue but if it is... it's not an expensive fix if you do it yourself. Good Luck !!

951 DI Air Compressor  Bore and oiler (1).JPEG

GTX DI Engine New 2022 Jan (3).JPEG

Back