need help before the season(no power)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cleggboy

at the end of last season i was riding my ski and all of a suddent it just went dead in the water no power engine revved normal but no power, so last weekend i removed the pump thinking i sucked up something into the jet nope nothing damaged, i started the ski to make sure the impeller was moving which it is but i am afraid to take it to the water and test it out again knowing deep down that something is still wrong. some background to the ski is it is a 2003 gtx s/c with about 95 hrs the supercharger was rebuilt at the beginning of last season at about 80 hrs and had no problems for almost the whole summer other than a wear ring replacement. if anyone has any ideas please i am open to try anything i just dont want to take it to the dealer and pay an arm and a leg to fix it if i can do it myself in a weekend.

There is a chance that you did suck something up that created the issue and it fell out once you got it to the trailer. I would take it to the ramp to see if all is good to go or if you still have an issue...

at the end of last season i was riding my ski and all of a suddent it just went dead in the water no power engine revved normal but no power, so last weekend i removed the pump thinking i sucked up something into the jet nope nothing damaged, i started the ski to make sure the impeller was moving which it is but i am afraid to take it to the water and test it out again knowing deep down that something is still wrong. some background to the ski is it is a 2003 gtx s/c with about 95 hrs the supercharger was rebuilt at the beginning of last season at about 80 hrs and had no problems for almost the whole summer other than a wear ring replacement. if anyone has any ideas please i am open to try anything i just dont want to take it to the dealer and pay an arm and a leg to fix it if i can do it myself in a weekend.

You waited, what.....5-6months to find an answer to a problem that literally stopped you dead in the water.

Who's ski is it really?

Put some fresh gas and plugs in it...then go put it in the water and drive around the ramp. If you can do that....take it for a spin. If you can still do all that...change the oil and consider yourself lucky. 1...you didn't winterize it...2...you left a prob go unresolved for far too long.

I wondered about the LONG WAIT myself,,

I could have NEVER waited that long to know if my ski was ok or not...

i did winterize the ski and if i had sucked up something it would have damaged the wear ring which has not a scratch on it. my next step was to pull the driveshaft and check the splines on both ends of the driveshaft. i have not changed the plugs which i am goin to do this weekend. the oil was also changed shortly before this happened. the engine will rev fine but i am guessing it will not transfer to the impeller. my question is is there a gear or a a clutch or something which could have let loose?

Just do what these guys are telling you, just take it to the ramp and cruise around. If you stripped out the splines on your driveshaft you'll know it right away. So to answer your question there is no clutch or any gearing. Your driveshaft connects directly to the crank on one end ... and the impeller on the other.

We're here to help. Don't over analyze it and follow our advise- fuel lifespan is very low, you need to address that first then take it to the ramp.

Ok so I have reassembled everything and changed spark plugs oil and greased all fittings put a fresh tank of premium gas in and went out for a trial run everything was fine at very low speed in the no wake zone and when I got out of that area I went to slowly give it more throttle and bam it happened again a whining noise from engine area an no power please offer reasonable suggestions

Ok so I have reassembled everything and changed spark plugs oil and greased all fittings put a fresh tank of premium gas in and went out for a trial run everything was fine at very low speed in the no wake zone and when I got out of that area I went to slowly give it more throttle and bam it happened again a whining noise from engine area an no power please offer reasonable suggestions

Don't mean to be a dck here...so don't read into this...no offense intended.

How long have you had the ski? sc ever been rebuilt? Drive shafts spline damage at the motor just is not that common w/o some sort of other "trauma" being the root cause. When you pulled the pump at the beginning...you said everything was fine....prop splines? do you have a plastic pump? Is it possible that your sc clutch washers are slipping badly?

Dunno what fittings you greased....only fittings I've ever greased are on the wheel bearings of the trailer.

I'm pretty sure you stripped out your drive shaft or pto. I could not find the pto on the parts website but it must have some way of connecting the engine to the drive shaft. The splines on mine sheered off on the back section of the front set of the drive shaft. The rubber bumpers on both ends of the shaft got destroyed when my wear ring wrapped around my impeller. This let the shaft drift forward and left very little metal to metal contact between my pto and the shaft. The PTO is a softer metal and the two disintegrated quickly. But, since the front end of the splines were still there it would drift back into place and feel like it was jumping in and out of gear. I found used parts and replaced mine.

The ski has about 100 hours on it and the sc was rebuilt last summer and engine removed to replace one of the oil sensors at a dealer I will remove drive shaft and inspect the pto it is possible the dealer made a boo boo when putting back together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back