My Seadoo Xp Project

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sergeantmay

Hello all!

Though id share with you all my xp project ive had on the go for the last couple months, Started this back in dec/jan! Its a full resto project which has kept me pretty busy during these colder months :cool:

Heres a pic of when i first bought the ski..

525.jpg

Engine bay had been previously messed about with

526.jpg

Got started on removing engine and painting up the bay

527.jpg

Next was to shotblast the engine

528.jpg

Engine all done in Bmw sparkling graphite and ferrari red for the mount

529.jpg

Got the engine back in wired up and replaced all the hoses, Jubillies, And anything that needed replacing

530.jpg

At this point i water tested it to make sure everything was running good which it was :thumbsup:

Serviced and referbed the pump unit and got the bottom half of the hull painted and all put back together

531.jpg

All preped ready for the topside to be painted

532.jpg

Heres after i pulled her out the booth :cool: will give it a flat and mop when i get time

533.jpg

534.jpg

535.jpg

Like i said i started this back in dec/jan so ive had to cut to the case but will keep you all updated as time goes on.. Realy enjoying it so far and realy looking forward to the next stages :drool5:

Subscribed!!! Looks good... Great color combo... Can't wait to see what it looks like finished. Good job. What about the VTS???you should fix it. It is a very good option that really affects performance big time.

Cheerz Manolocross :thumbsup: Neither can i wait to see it when its finished! Wish the weather would warm up so i can crack on with the rest of it! Vts did not work when i bought the ski so made a plate and trimmed it to a sort of sweet spot if you like, Performance wise she goes remarkably well, One brother has a 97 xp and the other has a rxdi and the little 657x goes just as well :cool:

Another update..

Got the updated steering pad and plastics off a 01 xp ltd edition and fitted to the 94 xp, Quite surprised it just bolted straight on, The foam padded bit i will make a bracket for although its pretty solid as is! Looks soo much better rather than the old rubbery type one, I will paint the back plate at some point also its just having the time, Anyways not much of an update but thought id share!

579.jpg

when it comes time to re-turf, (and duly noted i'm not a fan of 2 color turf) but consider this combo from hydroturf... it would look pretty sweet with your color combo

190.jpg

Ive already got the turf needed for my build but thanks for the info, That turf does look cool i must say! :cool: Plus on the downside living in the UK does restrict me on what turf is available, So i went for the cut groove mat set and the diamond cut sheet for my rails

Blimey goodies it appears you have! Lol :lols: Looking good i must say!

Started to fit the turf today and few other bits...

49.jpg

Will try get rails done tomoz, Well thats the aim! Lol

Looks amazing. I'm currently fixing up a 95 XP. Your paint job looks great. I'm jealous. My friend wants to paint our tigershark all black. Not sure if we can make that happen since we don't have air brush and all the bells and whistles. Runs great but people shake their heads when they see us launching the XP and tigershark.

I like the mats you got, I would still like to be able to purchase that style but they do not offer that anymore. Where yours says hydroturf in white has been changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engine colour is Bmw Sparkling Graphite as is the ski :thumbsup: Cheerz guys! Shes finaly coming together :hurray:

Ohh so mine are the older type mats :) I did notice companys starting to sell the two tone which you have Goodies! So expensive though!

Thanks Mike.. You should just prep your ski yourself then take it to your local bodyshop and get them to do the rest, Will save alot of money if all thay have to do is paint it :thumbsup:

Finished the mats today and started to do the rails in turf, First time at doing rails and damn its fiddily!! Got a routine going though and all started to come together but then it was time to call it a day.. Will get rest done next weekend! :lols:

54.jpg

Engine colour is Bmw Sparkling Graphite as is the ski :thumbsup: Cheerz guys! Shes finaly coming together :hurray:

Ohh so mine are the older type mats :) I did notice companys starting to sell the two tone which you have Goodies! So expensive though!

Thanks Mike.. You should just prep your ski yourself then take it to your local bodyshop and get them to do the rest, Will save alot of money if all thay have to do is paint it :thumbsup:

Finished the mats today and started to do the rails in turf, First time at doing rails and damn its fiddily!! Got a routine going though and all started to come together but then it was time to call it a day.. Will get rest done next weekend! :lols:

54.jpg

I love that look can you give more detailed info on how you did it plz?

Like i said... "First time at doing rails and damn its fiddily!!" :lols: So the way i done it may not be the best or quickest.

(1) I measured the rough size of the hight id need to go from the top of the rail and down the side, Which was 2" (The turf sheet was 61" long) So i cut a 62" length by 2" wide piece..

(2) Preped both surfaces with 80grit sand paper for a rough key..

(3) Applyed weldwood contact adhesive to the top section of both surfaces, Waited for 5mins then gentley heated up both surfaces with a heatgun, I then placed the turf strip on the top half of the rail and started to move it to where i needed it, Got the mallet and a small piece of wood and firmly gave it a tap to make sure both surfaces were touching, I then buzzed over it with the heatgun and applyed pressure to where it needed it, Done this for 10 or so mins then left it to dry for 15mins..

(4) Now do the same for the bottom half of the rails :lols:

Like i said may not be the quickest but that turf is solid!! Job well done! Id much rather take my time and get it right then have to reglue it in the future!

Hope that helps

The stand-up guys will wrap the rails but only what you see, then they back cut the turf at a 45 degree angle so the water doesn't have as much of an edge to grab on the underside. I also assume that you took the actual rub rail of and are working straight with the fiberglass? It's looking stout for sure!

I like the mats you got, I would still like to be able to purchase that style but they do not offer that anymore. Where yours says hydroturf in white has been changed.

JSG,

go to the link on the PWC muscle page and at the bottom under the colour chart it says that they can do the traditional die cut logo by request...apparently if you request it in the notes section when you order then they will do it for you.

might be something to look into for your next project... hopefully that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back