FOR SALE My loss is your gain!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

seadoosnipe

Premium Member
Premium Member
I was recently in a motorcycle wreck, hit by an 18 wheeler, but by the grace of a higher power, I'm still here. I've been a mechanic on Seadoo's for better than 15 years, and as you might imagine, I have a butt load of parts. I'm getting rid of all my stuff, that I see as my treasure. It'll be hard, but it's something I know, I got to do.

I have 2-1997 Challenger Jet Boats, one I ran for years, till I blew the motor. I have another motor for it, just never put it in. The other Challenger, is a parts boat. I also have 3 jet skis, one is my baby, a 1997 Seadoo GTX, which I kept in mint condition, with graphics, and runs. I pulled the kids behind with a tube, but on my way home, the steering cable broke. I did order a new one, and I have all the parts, brand new from SeadooWarehouse, to repair it with. I also have 2 old Yamaha's that with a little TLC, will likely run with minimal effort.

Now, for the fun part. My shop is equipped with all kinds of hard to find Seadoo parts. Spare MPEM's with matching keys, 3 or 4 spare motors, assembled and others in parts. I have an organizer that has all the fasteners for everything from casing bolts, to RAVE valve springs and bolts. I have a shaft alignment tool, and a new "BlackTip" seat cover for the GTX. If you look through some of my posts, you'll likely come across some of my stuff. The list goes on and on.

My motorcycle wreck dislocated my left hip, broke 3 vertabrae, 8 ribs, and a few internal organs damaged that I couldn't even begin to describe. I'm by no means handicapped. I am just not able to push myself as hard as I once did, with my hobbie of playing with my Seadoo's.

Oh, and for those who don't know me, ALL of my parts, are 787cc Rotax. It has always been my preferred engine, and it's interchangeable with the skis and boats, with some changes in impellers. I also have a couple "Solas" aftermarket.

It would probably be a good idea, for a local enthusiast to inquire. You'd have to want them really bad if you rode up from Tampa. As one of the founding moderators with the forum, I believe Gregg will vouch for me, my experience, and my honesty. I am not interested in piecing any of this out. I know the value of what I have, and willing to let it go for 70% of it's worth. Because I am just deciding to do this, I haven't got any recent pix to post, but if your interested, we can face time, and/or you can check back within 24 hours, and I'll have pictures listed with this post.

I'm sad that I am losing these 20 years of hording the 787cc skis and boats, but I knew, these parts would not be easy to purchase as the years went by. If your interested, please feel free to shoot me a PM

Thanks and ride hard, live fast, and don't drown early!

Dammmmmm

Someone was watching over you.
Hope you are able to get on your feet soon.

You have done so much for us on this site and have a wealth of knowledge.
I'm sure minnatonka or Matt B may be able to help with taking your inventory off your hand.

Best of luck Snipe.

:thumbs-up:

Dammmmmm

Someone was watching over you.
Hope you are able to get on your feet soon.

You have done so much for us on this site and have a wealth of knowledge.
I'm sure minnatonka or Matt B may be able to help with taking your inventory off your hand.

Best of luck Snipe.

:thumbs-up:
Thanks for the well wish's. I was very lucky. After smashing into the side of the tanker truck, I passed out. I woke up under the rear wheel. I believe, the crash bars on my bike is what saved me. That and a witness who came to help me, after seeing the accident. I'm sure I'll make a great recovery. I'm just pretty sure, at almost 60, bending over and getting into those tight spaces, won't be as easy for me anymore. There is a possibility that no one actually wants the old 787cc stuff anymore. It's been my engine of choice for over 20 years. Where else can you get an engine, that weighs about 80 pounds, and puts out 110 hp? IMO, it was the best engine Rotax ever made!

Sorry to read of your accident, Hope your recovery is going well. I wanted you inquire if you have a working MPEM for a 97 speedster twin engine boat? Please let me know

Back