My challenger after ONE year in repair shop...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year a melted a piston in my 240 EFI , i did leave the boat to a repairshop told me that they should fix it whitin 2 weeks....now i did pick my boat up after a year and this is how it looks....and this was an "autorized" mercury repairshop...Do anyone of you know where i can buy an new/repaired engine????, does any of the Mercury outboards engines fit the jetpump????

Patrik
Sweden

Attachments

• BEFORE.jpg
    BEFORE.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 71
  • AFTER.jpg
    AFTER.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 77
  • bat.jpg
    bat.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 75
som good news...maybe

Took my 1000 pieces engine to another mercuryrepair shop, he looked at the parts and tells me "this is no problem" i gonna put a new piston in, and he also have an damaged engine to takes some other spareparts from. Hopefully he can fix my engine......

Thanks for linkt but..

Seems that they dont have any Mercury EFI M2 engines, is there anyone on this forum knows what a new Merc M2 engine will cost?

Best Regards

Patrik

Sue people in Swede.....

I dont think there is a way to sue this comapny in Sweden, i think its more easy in the States to sue someone, but i have sent mail to Mercury Europe and USA, and attached thoose images "before" and "after" , and asked them is this is the ordinary way to deal whith Mercuryengines repairs...
Mercury/Brunswick Europe was not happy about this....and yesterday i had an mail from the Swedeish Mercury/Brunswick that asked me to leave them the name of the Repairshop.....

Why did you leave it there for a whole year?
I would have picked it up after 1 month, and paid them nothing!!!
Never leave something you own for this long, you have the right to have your own belongings, involve the police if you have too.
I'm glad to hear you are getting some where with the mercury people!!!!:hurray:

My Turn!

I can't tell you how sick it made me to see those pix. I'm sure that Mercury will do something about this type work, if the company is a franchise of the Mercury product. Please, keep all pix and all paper work you got from this shop as evidence to the obvious lack of intelligence these people had in repair of such a simple repair.

I've done a little searching here in the states and the M-2 Optimax motors are pretty hard to come by (timmyboy, SBT doesn't deal in the Mercury line). It sees I came up with a link that, from what I read, you've already found ..... http://www.brunswickmarineemea.com/;jsessionid=kw8bqj07w4s9 This is the European Mercury respresentative, so this is a place to start. To break your engine down the way they did is just deplorable. From your post, you don't seem as upset about it as myself. I'm sure if I had gotten my boat back like this, there would have been a fight! :boxing_smiley: If makes me mad just looking at the pix. If this shop was unable to remove the piston, rebore, hone and replace the pistons, they should have told you so!....

Sorry to stand on a soap box here, but it just pisses me off to see someone treated like this. I hope you take this to the highest authority on Mercury's that you can over there. This is totally un-acceptable.

A new motor will probably be a couple thousand dollars. I've been searching over here for a price, but can't seem to find a Mercury M-2, Optimax 240 EFI engine anywhere. I don't usually come up empty handed, but I'm not finding any hits on this motor. I hope Mercury will step up to the plate and do what's right in getting your motor put back in operating condition.

Good luck, and remember the forum for help. There are M-2 owners as members in this forum, so anytime you have a question, please just ask. Oh, we do carry the shop manual for that engine in our library.
:cheers:

my feeling now...

Im not upset about this anymore, im just soooo FXXXXng tired of it,right now i hate the boat, the repairshop, and all around it, i bought this boat for 2 years ago for around 15 000-US$, i did put an add out for it now for 6500US$, feels like i dont have any energy left for my boat anymore, gonna loose alot of money but...what can i doo...and i dont know if fighting whith Mercury would do anything better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back