My 97 SeaDoo GSX won’t start .. no beep totally dead

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

teenyc

My 97 Seadoo GSX won’t start .. no beep totally dead. I replaced the battery and the solenoid. It will start if I jump the solenoid. I checked the fuses in the front and the 15 AMP in the box next to the solenoid and it’s all-good.
It was working before I attempted to boost start the battery. Please help..

Sure sounds like you fried the MPEM diode. You can search for how to dig it out and replace it or buy a tested used MPEM from @Minnetonka4me. Keep in mind this is a 1 year MPEM and are expensive because of this. Also it is never recommended to "boost" start a seadoo for this very reason.

The 5amp would blow if it's the diode... Hit the start button a few times. Is the gauge coming on?

You can also send it to me to make sure it's actually dead.

The only way to be 100% sure before spending a bunch of money on a new one is to send it to Nick above for testing.
Do not buy an aftermarket one as they are crap!

hi Guys .. does it make a difference that when I jump the solenoid it beeps and red light comes On on the left gauge? is it still the MPEM or it might be something else?

Make sure the little wire hooked to the solenoid post is on the same post the battery wire is and not the starter.

Sounds like you have the feed wire on the wrong post. On the BATTERY side you want all the wires except the one single large wire that feeds the starter.

Nick .. you are the man .. i switched the wire and it started right away. i must flipped the wire when i replaced the solenoid... you guys are the best .. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back