Mpem or ECU - Please help!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnitt

Never joined a forum before now, I am new and would greatly appreciate any help from those of you who may have had the issues im having now.
I have a 03 gtx 4 tec ltd supercharged. Problems: sometimes with the lanyard on dess post I'll get 2 beeps and normal display reading depress start button then all I hear is a click and everything goes blank. Other times with lanyard on post no beeps and no display. And more often I'll get just the word SEADOO at bottom of display and no beeps.
Efforts to solve problem: replaced start/stop switch, dess post replaced, checked fuses, connections, grounds, battery, and hooked it up to CANDOO PRO for diagnostic readout.
Diagnostic report: 3 separate faults that involve communication problem ( 2 from the MPEM and 1 from ECU).
Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE

It has two big square connectors the connectors are susceptible to corrode remove and have a good look at the contacts
Check the ground wires on the front of the engine too

I cleaned the engine grounds off with dremel and sanding wheel and pulled both square connectors off and used CRC to clean contacts off
I did take the battery up to autozone tonight they i said it needed to be replaced which I thought it was ok
And thank you btw for your reply!!!

update to my situation its fixed and for those who are interested it was in fact the battery goes to show that battery is vip and can cause one to over think a simple solution

Yep batteries can may your life a misery
I have a better tester that does a load test to save me going around d in circles

Now that you found your battery worn out, do yourself a favor.
Get a good quality float charger (not the Harbor Freight type) and put it on there for the Winter.
In the Spring you'll thank us for how nicely the new battery starts the ski.
Make sure you remove the cables from the battery before charging it. At least remove the "+" side.
I prefer to take the battery and put it in my nice warm basement workshop for the Winter.
It gets mighty cold outside up here in Massachusetts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back