Motor keeps seizing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
So i have a 93 seadoo xp that seized up ..im wanna know what im doing wrong .. everything i learned has from this thread .. so just when I thought i got all the parts moving again i get the sparks plugs back in .. and as soon as it wants to turn on it spits water out from the back and seizes up again..

Where is the water coming from? Have you tried cranking it without plugs to see if water comes out the top? Did it sink or get flooded?

Yeah I cranked it with the spark plugs out and it spits water from the exhaust im assuming... and it was never flipped it just stopped working .. it was fine one weekend and this happened the following.. replaced everything.. starter , battery spark plugs .. solenoid .. before I realized it could have been seized

So no water for the spark plug holes? Do you have a strong crank with the spark plugs out? Normally it is faster than with the plugs in.

Yeah nothing from the holes.. and yes it cranks strong ... it cranks longer with the spark plugs out .. when the plugs are in it seizes after 3-4 seconds

My first guess is the carbs are flooding. Have you rebuilt the carbs lately or has it been sitting for any time. Can you explain the water a little more, that doesn't make sense!

Yea i find it strange too... i cant find anybody with this same situation .. the water caught me by surprise because once the pistons were loose i put the plugs back in and cranked it and right before it started the it just shot water from the back were the impeller is at.. it did that twice..before this its was sitting for about a month.. it was never flipped or anything.. when i turn the flywheel it would do almost a full turn then it gets stuck again.. it only takes a lil wiggle to get it past that part then it free ups again..never rebuilt the cards .. idk about the previous owner

I really am suspicious of the battery. I know you said it was new, but it is possible to buy a bad battery. You can have them load tested at more auto part stores to see if it is good. I would start there.

I can try that ... after do many cranks i do give it a charge because i am affraid of draining it too much...im wondering maybe when it seizes i dont leave the lube in long enough...ill post a video after work... to better explain everything

That crank should not have a “ hard to spin” spot at all,,,you have either top end issues,(rings/piston), crank bearing issues, or rotary shaft gear issues.

not replying to this problem.

I need to know what am not doing to get my message on the board. I have tried to ask for help, but no response as of yet.
it seems that the only way to see my request is to do a reply. please help.
I have tried to post but it was only on the reply site. what am I not doing correctly?

not replying to this problem.

I need to know what am not doing to get my message on the board. I have tried to ask for help, but no response as of yet.
it seems that the only way to see my request is to do a reply. please help.
I have tried to post but it was only on the reply site. what am I not doing correctly?

I would oil up the cylinders and let it sit for a bit. Might have some rust forming and builds up on the rings. Pb blaster is good as is marvel.

Back