Solved- 1994 GTX 657 High Speed Cut Out

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Travisgg

Hey guys. Seadoo started acting up a little last year 3/4 throttle and up. Usually cuts out and stalls is the symptom. Doing it this year as well.

Runs deadly up to 3/4. Choke doesn't save it when its starts stalling/cutting out. Starts right up again and runs awesome. If you are just ripping circles and cruising slower/mid speed no issues.

Fuel lines all done last year as well as new selector switch. Fuel separator cleaned. Cleaned carbs meticulously this year as well and put in new Mikuni needles and seats just cuz... however....i noticed the diaphragm in one on the carbs actually had a couple little holes worm through it so.... I only had some new WSM diaphragms in stock(from before I learned my lesson to only use mikuni genuine parts) and used them. That's the only non-oem part in the carb. Did I just answer my own question there or should I check anything else? Thanks!

Went for another long tear today same thing. If you do short bursts of full throttle no problem at all. But it seems like it runs out of fuel if you hold the throttle down 1/2 to 3/4 for more than 10 or 20 seconds. Again fires right up no problem. Does it on reserve on the fuel selector switch as well as the regular setting.

You know what's really irritating. Just for fun pulled the fuel selector switch out to give it a look over. Res setting i could blow through the fuel valve by mouth pretty easy, "on" setting circuit seemed a little restricted when blowing through with mouth. Cleaned out a little and put back in. Could keep it pinned all the way with on the "on" setting but "Res" setting seemed restricted.. which is opposite of what i thought would happen due to being able to blow through "res" setting easier. Anyway... Can't believe the fuel selector valve is already buggered up. Just put in a year or 2 ago. Maybe the brand sucked? JSP BRAND. Will try WSM now. On order.

Last edited:
Change all fuel lines (I do not bother to read did you do this already), grey ones will release particles when old. That can do something like this propably. And LOTS of other problems!

@Janiporo Thank you yes i did a couple years back. Sorry should have mentioned that! Did all the usual recommendations. I think the trend i see with problems on these machines is when you dont use OEM or high quality aftermarket parts you will pay the price.

Back