Midwest Classifieds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's CL score. 97 xp non running for $350 with pretty good oem cover.

I had it running in 10 minutes, 154 psi in each cyl. Needs fuel lines and carb kits though. It's actually really clean and gelcoat still shines.
126.jpg

127.jpg

Nice snag,,,'

But can the wife's vehicle fit in the garage for the winter?
Haha nope. I've got to move a few more to my winter storage when I'm off next week. I can fit 1 project in and still have her car fit. She just got a new car on Sat, so doubt I can convince her to let me have the whole garage again this year.

Haha nope. I've got to move a few more to my winter storage when I'm off next week. I can fit 1 project in and still have her car fit. She just got a new car on Sat, so doubt I can convince her to let me have the whole garage again this year.

I don't know her and I can promise that is a battle you would lose. The car will be in the garage,,,

Sooo I am not the only one with " That Wife ". Mine just dropped 22K 3 months ago on a used 2014 Escape Titanium 4X4 with towing package. It has EVERYTHING, not one box was unchecked on the order sheet. I get her old 08 Escape to drive. Mt F-250 4x4 sits in drive waiting for snow!

Haha sounds familiar. Mine picked a decked out kia optima with everything under the sun. This even after I negotiated down both a new acura tlx and Lexus IS for the exact same payment! But they didn't have heated steering wheels or 5 cameras lol. I was really frustrated but gave in and she is ecstatic.

Before we got married I told mine not to buy that M& #@)#*F****** CR-V...... now its almost paied off and has had very minor issues other than it eats batterys, new battery every 2 years, and she will be required to drive it until it is dead because the car she wants now is sittin just under 50k.... it will be a while before that one is in our range.
[MENTION=77343]Ankeneyou[/MENTION] if you decide to ditch the 97 let me know perhaps it will work out, never know these days.

The 08 Escape is the best vehicle we have ever bought. It has had brakes, a drive shaft, 3 sets of tires and 1 set sway bar links. It has a 145K on it. Burns no oil, 22MPG overall. No rust, tows 2 GTI's without a problem!

Glad you are having good luck with it, my sister has a 2011 and loves hers too. We had an 08 Edge limited AWD and the tranny started slipping at 90k. Traded it in immediately once we saw the cost to rebuild one.

The problem with AWD is the AWD unit is a rebuild that costs the same as a tranny. Sometimes it takes out the tranny too. So it is big bucks to fix both! Then you have shafts and CV's involved! Ford has had a bunch of problems with trannies for the last 20 years. We have 3 sitting at work for E-350's to have installed.

Relay is in the gray box on those. If that's got water in it then everything is probably fried.

It's still worth it to part out with the 96/97 driveshaft and black parts.

Lol, it's a 720 box and they're cheap. Plus even if that rear was sunk the ebox is way up at the front. I'd snap that up in a second and not part it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back