Midwest Classifieds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to buy the 98 speedster thats up in VA u guys posted. Seller doesn't want to water test and is playing dumb it seems. Damn shame :/

The 97' had a msrp of $5,999.
132.jpg
Didn't seadoo deeply discount the HX when sales were poor? I thought I read on here somewhere people were getting them for well under 3k new.

This guy has an honest looking offering here. He just has a time of year problem... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Two-...ash=item25c4063a82:g:b64AAOSwgmJXzxL3&vxp=mtr

Seadoo had problems with the HX. Not mechanical problems but people problems. Too many were ridden by folks that didn't get that they were a specialty race model thing. It's partly their fault because they put it out there as a normal option and all PWC's were selling like hotcakes at the time. For every guy that loves an HX there were 20 guys and girls that were like "what the heck?". Most people can not balance it when not running or re-board when they fall off. At this point most of the survivors have made their way to the right hands. The HX is the only place left in the Seadoo world where 2-stroke ski performance is being pushed further every year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading home from the morning ski pickup run. I traded my HX for a good runNing SPX and also picked up a running kawasucki 1100 ZXI for cheap. Possible 1100 x4 build in the future...

225.jpg
226.jpg
227.jpg

Yah I couldn't believe it went that cheap. I did like the HX and rode it quite a bit the last month, but still more of an X4 guy. I just need a 99 spx now to complete the collection, lol

I was really contemplating the Kawi, for the engine, but it would have been a 4-1/2 hour drive one way to pick it up.

Yeah it was 2 hrs for me but the guy I traded the hx met me at the same place so worked out well.

I bought the kawi for the engine also but already have a title. I might fix the pump and beat it around a bit to see if the engine will hold up or if it needs a rebuild.

Yeah it looks like a racer with those sponsons and the PJS colors.
Yeah I did a little reading. Supposed to be a carbon fiber hull, pjs pipe, set back engine and pump along with some other stuff. Apparently only 500 made of these as well. Maybe I'll low ball and throw the 1100 in it.

Since we're posting Kawi's in here, let me show you guys this one and pick your brains. I have wanted one of these for a long time, and I made this guy a lowball offer for just the ski and he accepted. I have to drive 3 hours for it, which is no biggie. The ad says a rod broke in the engine; he has the engine out of it and he sent me pics. It's trash; non-rebuildable and not a good core because it's got a gaping hole in the block.

My dilemma is, I would love to get it, but I'm afraid at being in it for too much after it gets fixed. I can do all the work myself, so it's just parts. Problem is, used cases ain't cheap for this ski; best I found was $500 on ebay. So I had a few options, not sure what to do.

1) Buy it and get a salvage engine (if I can even find one, which isn't proving fruitful).
2) Buy it, get a set of damaged cases off ebay, and slap together a core out of the parts and get a reman (SBT says the only damage they charge for is busted cases; there are a few on ebay for around $250 that aren't busted; the thrust bearing went out and machined grooves in the case...maybe I ought to call and confirm with them that type of damage is ok?)
3) Not buy it and wait until I find one in my price range ready to go.

Problem is, with options 1 and 2, I *think* I can still come in at less than half these skis go for locally, which is around $5k....thoughts?

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/5804073173.html

Too bad its ugly as sin lol. Seadoo definitely takes the cake in the 90s
Haha definitely. Hell they still own everyone in aesthetics. I despise the look of the new Yamahas and the kawis aren't great either.

I just like the rarity of this one. Recreate the past sitting next to the 95xp800, lol. I really don't have room to store another one for winter though.

Ank if your not going to act on it let me know.

KevinZ if you made the guy an offer and he accepted you go buy the ski and then figure it out. I know those things are fast and a nice ride but know no specifics.

someone beat me to it....oh well, everything happens for a reason. I took on a new job today that if my math is right, and i save my money right, I might be able to walk into the dealer and either buy a new 2017 or leftover 2016 if i find one.

Must be a nice signing bonus.

I got hosed on a great deal I was picking up for [MENTION=33499]WhiskeyD[/MENTION] this week too. Agreed on a price and pickup time which was the earliest he could meet. Then get a text that the ski sold. That's happened to me 3 times this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back