Mercmonitor dealers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

edgeflyer

Want to put a mercmonitor on my 2005 islandia 250 and was wondering if we had any dealers on here who carry them, or anyone have any resources with a good price. Thanks

Fill in us Newbies that may not know what a Mercmonitor is. I am assuming this gives you a bit more info on a running Merc? Will this work on both 240 and 250's or just the 250 Optimax?

Thansk for the info!

http://www.veradoclubparts.com/category_s/48.htm

Its a guage that works with mercury motors that shows all engine vitals along with all kind of other goodies. There are different level guages and you should click on each guage then scroll down to see what that guage is capable of displaying. With that being said the computer for your engine actually dictates what the guage can display. There are no sensors to run it takes info from the computer via a bus cable that you may have to purchase seperatly. you should call mercury and give them your engine serial number and they will tell you which components you need. so you pick your guage level which I recomend a level 2 since you get the speedo function, engine hours, as well as alot of extra features. Then mercury will tell you if you need the bus cable (about 75-100 dollars) and possible a junction box (arround 65 dollars) yod one or both depending on motor. I plan on replacing my original speedo with it. You can also hook it up to a GPS to get true GPS speed, but the gps has to talk the right language to communicate. There's a feature that the backlight goes green when your at the best fuel economy people claim 10-15 percent increase in fuel mileage. It will show mpg, as well as realtime consumption. with the gps it will tell you if you got enough petro to get to where you want to go and back. there's also a smart tow guage that is cool for yall that tow alot. there's so much to it you just need to google it. but its way cool. One of the coolest features is when that dreaded alarm goes off it will tell you what. How cool is thet. read about it then if you decide to buy and have any questions before you buy please ask I've done the homework. There are different can cables for diferent engines so don't just buy an ebay one. Call mercury with your motor number and ask what parts you need to make the guage work with your motor. One other feature I really want is water presure which is your coolant presure in the water jecket. Ever wonder if you are actually flowing water through the motor, just look at your merc monitor. So cool. Want to run your motor to 500 rpm to act as a trolling motor with the ability to incrimintaly speed up or domn at very small rpm intervals, just turn on troll mode. Wouldn't that make docking easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back