Bouncing gauges

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Coopnjaxdad

Hey everyone. I just want to reach out and see if I might be on the right track here. Almost all of my instruments bounce in the Islandia. Boat is new to me by a couple of weeks and I haven't replaced the batteries yet but I was wondering if weak batteries could cause some issues that look like a bad ground in these boats?

I plan to inspect all of the grounds I can this week and swap out a battery but what do you all say? Can bad grounds cause the bouncing gauges? Weak battery or are the gauges just old?

Thank you in advance!

CTB

I have seen similar activity on some of my gauges (2004 Speedster 200 with 310HP). My Speedo was jumping around 55-62mph for top speed… but now it is getting regular usage, it has settled down to a more stable (and accurate) reading 52-53mph. This boat was not used much in the last few years, so I suspect flaky connections on the back of the gauges? Hard to say.

Also my tachs both have on occasion have a tendency to jump around and occasionally get stuck, but usually on the next stop start of the engines straighten them out quickly… I have read others that have sprayed contact cleaner up inside of their gauges (from a small opening at the bottom) to free them up? I have not tried this technique.

Back