Members Unite!! 2016 Fall Florida Ride

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so doing the math 3 months for Joe would put us at the end of November which is fine with me what about the rest of you guys

I'm definitely interested depending on dates. I'd likely fly in though and rent something since I'd probably be looking at 15 hours each way depending on final location.

I wouldn't rent. Just got back from a 4 week stint in Houston. We rented skis one weekend. (Yamaha) They were turds because the rental companies keep them in "learn" mode and won't take them out due to insurance reasons.

Some of this depends on the area too. How late do you ride comfortably in your area matt

It could be chilly then. When did we do the Ga trip? I wouldn't want to be past that. It was right on the line of being uncomfortable at times.

Nothing could be as bad as the Hurricane / Monsoon that [MENTION=33508]ocod[/MENTION] and I rode in just the other day. We even tried to hide under the Miami Vice Stilt Houses.. Too much surge. It was NASTY. Came out of no where, lighting was way to close. Finally decided to outrun in and then head in. It was a VERY hard 30 minutes of riding at 40 plus MPH. I am still sore and this was three days ago....

Nothing could be as bad as the Hurricane / Monsoon that @ocod and I rode in just the other day. We even tried to hide under the Miami Vice Stilt Houses.. Too much surge. It was NASTY. Came out of no where, lighting was way to close. Finally decided to outrun in and then head in. It was a VERY hard 30 minutes of riding at 40 plus MPH. I am still sore and this was three days ago....

That mask paid for itself a few times over

I like the destin ft Walton Beach idea we could see the Braley seadoo museum
Oh the seadoo museum is quite nice!..been to it too many times to count now and I'm still amazed..could spend hours there haha..anyways like Matt said the riding spots down here are pretty nice and there is so much other things to do after riding!

Looking the Map over and the St. John looks pretty big. There is a smaller end down by Palatka and of course it's one of very few rivers in the wold that flows north. What did you hear is dangerous about it Spim? I have not been over there since I was a kid. I was floating on a paddle board and saw a gar about the size of my board right under me.

Check these trails out. Looks like the further you get from the springs the saltier it will get.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...0b9ea35b30946bb!8m2!3d28.902479!4d-82.5926012

St. John, from the stories and video's i've browsed over, looks fascinating and its most definitely on my bucket list.

However, if you don't know where you are going you can and will get lost pretty easily, the areas's that i'm speaking about look kind of like a cornfield maze on the water, lots of blind turns and dead ends that can be quite dangerous without an experienced guide leading a group around. IMO the SJ area is better suited for a group of 4-6 experienced riders with a local in the lead, not for a group of visitors just heading out for some fun.

With that said i'm sure there are some area's that are pretty much self guided, I was just putting in a word of caution as to why that area might not be well suited for an event that includes a bunch of visitors from out of town.

I'm back from my 5 day Alberta Canadian trip (boy are there some lakes i'd like to hit on a ski up there !)

I'll be following up on Silver Glenn today to see how that went.

Check out ViewRanger GPS app. It has a buddy beacon that will show where your friends are (cell service depending), I use it when Im riding my dirt bike solo so if I need to be found my dad and wife have there app running. It also marks a map where you go and you can set way points like the truck or dock

Destin sounds good to me. Me and my dad (I'm 14) love taking short winter trips to Destin/Orange Beach when its not so crowded although we've never taken the skis.I'm not 100% that i will go, but there is a fair chance.

Destin sounds good to me. Me and my dad (I'm 14) love taking short winter trips to Destin/Orange Beach when its not so crowded although we've never taken the skis.I'm not 100% that i will go, but there is a fair chance. I'm not sure how my dad will feel about taking our skis in sat water, but he might not care

Ok so doing the math 3 months for Joe would put us at the end of November which is fine with me what about the rest of you guys

Ain't skeerd, any northern fellas would probably be fine with the weather in florida, may have to winterize when they head home tho.

Edit: I would probably have to bring some antifreeze too

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus the added bonus of Crab Island if salt water is in the cards
Anyone that has never been to the Destin area would love it.
My daughter is getting married so Oct 22nd thru Oct 30th is out for me, not that the world revolves around me. LOL

The more logical thing is to reschedule the wedding if need be. Just sayin.

Crab Island is crazy busy in the summers but there won't be anybody out there in November. A warmer time may be a better time over here. I'm into it but still looking for other suggestions. It is nice to have a "host" member near the area to scope things out.

True in theory however most of it is already "Paid In Full".

I just got married on Saturday, on our honey moon now, and our venue owner lady was a grumpy b!(@$&# most of the time, so I decided to make her day and I drug my dads 2 moarter launchers out that hold 16 each and strung 30 of those babies together and told one of my buddies to light this at any cost when we leave. The look on her face was priceless! Cost me my $300 damage deposit but worth EVERY penny. Thought I might share incase you wanted an idea how to spend more money :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back