Motorcycle Thread What Ya Ridin Or Rode ??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
WHAT ARE YOU GUYS RIDIN?? Post some pictures if you got em. :D

Been riding motorcycles since the 8th grade and pretty much always had one or two or more with the family. My last New Motorcycle was a 2000 Yamaha R1. I went into Harley's prematurely around the same year. I figured I wasn't old enough for a Harley but my wife said she'd ride with me if I had a bike with a decent seat. :D I figured hey, OK, I'll get another bike. We've been riding together since high school cuz I've always had bikes she just didn't like the R1 seat. I don't really ride her much on the back anyway as I'm a loner when I go riding but what the Hey?? The First Harley was a really nice 1990 LowRider FSRX (bottom pic) . In 2008 I sold that one and got a Road King which was/is beautiful. I was planning on her and I taking a couple trips on it and never did. Bike is way to heavy for me and the short rides I take and I got real tired of pushin it around the shop. After much deliberation I spent a week cleaning up the Road King and getting it all spot on. I sold it pretty quick and now I'm back with the sporty type bikes again. I can't wait to begin upgrading this one.... performance upgrades not chrome or carbon fiber. :) 2018 Aprilia Shiver 900. I think it is 270 pounds lighter than the Road King. LOL It's coming in from California. Had to get it shipped. I think it is gonna be just what Want. This isn't mine but one I was looking at. Close enough :) Road King is on the Below.

We gone see if I can get the front end up in the air on this one. :D :D
Aprilia Shiver Bad Azz-B.jpg

Man that Harley is a work of art and beautiful piece of machinery. Hard to let it go but I didn't ride it much.

Harley Complete 3-26-22 (2).JPEG

This is the FXRS LowRider. When I went to the Harley Shop the Manger said, "You got the best bike, why are you look at this junk Road King." LOL All the mehanics had FXRs as well. I gotta say it handled so so good, sounded beautiful, and was a whole lot lighter. The guy I sold this one to told me the Road King was a heavy bike for around down. He was right, I hardly ever came to a complete stop at stop signs. LOL
Gene's FXRS.JPG

Last edited:
I'm looking for one of these to restore. I'm not making is stock. Gotta have Expansion Chambers on this bad boy. I rode a Kawasaki 500 H1 Smokin Triple for 8 years and most of that was back and forth to work. I always wanted the blue 750 (1972) I saw one for sale, restored, for $10,000. It was beautiful but I'll build my own and I damn sure ain't building it for lookin at.... I'm RIDIN IT. LOL I can't put a picture of the blue one without a picture of the one I owned and rode for years. That would be disservice to my trusty Triple. There is no wonder why I like the TWO-stroke jet skis. LOL

This is my 1974 Kawasaki 500H1. I wish I had a better picture. No camera phones back then. LOL
Kawa500(S).jpg

Here is the dream bike. As I get older I like more and more motorcycles from that era. :D

Kawasaki 1972 H2 750 Triple.jpg

I'll admit, I have the two wheel addiction also.

The wife was able to get a picture of spring cleaning a few years back..... The quad was the neighbor's though so don't think too badly of me.
TOYS.JPG
My dirt bike is a 2004 Husqvarna TE 250 100th Anniversary edition. Looks like the old man in the picture is even wearing a Seadoo Forum T-Shirt.

I just picked up a barely used 21' KTM 890 Adventure R a couple months ago but have only been able to get it out for a couple short rides on the street.

KTM890AdvR-Dec20-Cudby-003.jpg

I love all things with engines!!
I have a BMW S1000RR for the cooler months in Australia, and the GSX for the warmer months.
They both live in the garage together and are best friends 205989FF-D362-4343-BA3E-C8D750EB2DDA.jpeg

I'm looking for one of these to restore. I'm not making is stock. Gotta have Expansion Chambers on this bad boy. I rode a Kawasaki 500 H1 Smokin Triple for 8 years and most of that was back and forth to work. I always wanted the blue 750 (1972) I saw one for sale, restored, for $10,000. It was beautiful but I'll build my own and I damn sure ain't building it for lookin at.... I'm RIDIN IT. LOL I can't put a picture of the blue one without a picture of the one I owned and rode for years. That would be disservice to my trusty Triple. There is no wonder why I like the TWO-stroke jet skis. LOL

This is my 1974 Kawasaki 500H1. I wish I had a better picture. No camera phones back then. LOL
View attachment 58271

Here is the dream bike. As I get older I like more and more motorcycles from that era. :D

View attachment 58272
That looks superb

The wife was able to get a picture of spring cleaning a few years back..... The quad was the neighbor's though so don't think too badly of me.
View attachment 58273
My dirt bike is a 2004 Husqvarna TE 250 100th Anniversary edition. Looks like the old man in the picture is even wearing a Seadoo Forum T-Shirt.

I just picked up a barely used 21' KTM 890 Adventure R a couple months ago but have only been able to get it out for a couple short rides on the street.

View attachment 58274
Great pic!

View attachment 58273

View attachment 58274
I'm with @Jtamaro if its got an engine it qualifies. LOL Nice Rides.

I wish we had places to ride trails and suck around here Plenty of woods but nothing friendly. I told my wife I need 100 acres and big shop. LOL I'm not greedy a half mil would do it. LOL

I'm with @Jtamaro if its got an engine it qualifies. LOL Nice Rides.

I wish we had places to ride trails and suck around here Plenty of woods but nothing friendly. I told my wife I need 100 acres and big shop. LOL I'm not greedy a half mil would do it. LOL
I would agree. As much as people want to say how much California sucks, we have thousands of miles of dirt trails, public land and awesome offroad riding from the Sierras to the deserts. I can literally surf in the morning, ride my dirtbike at lunch and the Seadoo's in the afternoon all within about 30 minutes of each other.

This was my last street bike. It was my favorite! One its predecessors was the first Suzuki GS-1000 made in 1978, a stupendous motorcycle. That was a close second. I spent too much time in hospitals which is why I have a Sea Doo!

Attachments

• my CBX.jpg
    my CBX.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 3
This was my last street bike. It was my favorite! One its predecessors was the first Suzuki GS-1000 made in 1978, a stupendous motorcycle. That was a close second. I spent too much time in hospitals which is why I have a Sea Doo!
Was that the Suzuki Water Buffalo?? Dude you had the need for speed. LOL I only saw one CBX and I had to do a triple take.... all those cylinders.

It was the model shown below. I did have the need for speed! I bought a new motorcycle every 18 months! Lots of PIPES on the CBX (think Bill Cosby 200 mph!). It ran like a two-stroke! It ran WELL up to 7,000 rpm, after that all hell broke loose! It revved so quickly it would throw the alternator windings out like Kawasaki two stroke triples did, so Honda put a clutch on it! I also had a GS 1000 S!

Attachments

• gs 1000 cover.jpg
    gs 1000 cover.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 2
  • GS1000S complete_1.jpg
    GS1000S complete_1.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 1
I keep my bikes a long time and even then it is difficult for me to get ride of them. We go through a lot and I bond with them. LOL

Back