marine speakers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bondorules

I am looking at putting in speakers and deck into my 96 challenger. I am not looking to spend to much cash in this department. Today i picked up 2 pairs of exile xs 65c. Along with that i got a Sony Marine Package (DSXMPACK11) which comes with a marine deck and and 1 pair of marine speakers. I bought all of this because it was on sale and i can return it if needed. My concern is that the exile speakers claim to be marine but are made of titanium and not enclosed around the magnet and spider. I don't know a whole lot about speakers but i feel like the titanium is a bad choice due to the fact that the boat is so open.

The sonys are rated at 160W peak and the exiles are 200W peak. Im just wondering if it would be smart to take back the two pairs of exiles and buy 1 pair of extra sony speakers to add to the ones with came with the deck. the sony is a cheaper option because i only need one extra pair, but i don't know if i will lose sound quality if i where to use them instead of the exiles.

Just looking for advise.

If you only plan on having 4 speakers, i would just get an extra set of the sonys and use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back