Replacing Speakers In 08 Challenger 230

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitehouse

I went to remove the speakers and install new ones and found a black and silver encasement around them (see attached pictures).

As this is the first time doing this on a boat (have done it plenty of times in a car!) is that part of the other speaker or is that to be used with the new speaker?

I purchased Kicker 6.5" Marine Speakers as replacements--as I have already replaced the head unit successfully.

Attachments

• boatspeakers.JPG
    boatspeakers.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 10
Speaker baffles likely from the stock ones, I had when I swapped mine out. new speakers didn’t fit them so I got rid of. Don’t really need if you’re running decent speakers with power behind. I have a 400 watt amp feeding them and have great sound.

On a side note I had to enlarge the speaker holes a little bit for the new 6.5s, used a sanding drum from a harbor freight on my drill along with shop vac. Took about 5 minutes for the four holes.

Thank you! I will try it without and report back. I was simply looking at the "speaker baffles" and not even knowing what to Google (silver plastic speaker container boat???) to determine how to handle said matter.

The new Kickers should be a nice upgrade. I did the whole system on mine 230, new deck, 2 amps, Speakers, Sub, tower speakers and dual batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back