Maintenance Required

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

asianlink37

So upon pulling my ski out of the water on Sunday I noticed my instrument cluster was scrolling "Maintenance Required". I bought the ski brand new and I have done all the routine upkeep with the ski thus far and I'm hoping it's just a maintenance schedule reminder since it's about to hit 30 hours and it's telling me I just need an oil change or something like that. Anyone know if my assumption is right and if so how can I clear the announcement from the instrument cluster...?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Grab a CandooPro and you can diagnose it right on the spot.

So aside from spending $400 on a CandooPro there's no other way to address the issue? Unless of course I take it to a dealer?

So aside from spending $400 on a CandooPro there's no other way to address the issue? Unless of course I take it to a dealer?

Yup, pretty much unfortunately unless you know someone local with a BUDS.

If...your ski has been well maintained...I'd just swing into the local on-water dealer and have him clear the message for about $30.

If you can afford the ski, you can afford the CanDoo. The thing will pay for itself in short order, provided you intend to be a long-term Sea-Doo owner.

Well at least does anyone know if the newer Sea-Doos have maintenance schedules programmed into the computers from the factory? Having that "Maintenance Required" pop up on my screen with almost 30 hours on the ski seems very coincidental if this isn't the case...

I did a 10 and a 20 hr service. Only got about 10 hrs of use the first two years I owned it. So if anything I'm ahead of the recommended maintenance schedule.

Then unless you wanna drop the scratch on a cadoopro...check for codes and let a dealer clear it.

Or do what I did once...let the maint message stay for over a year till I couldn't take it no more.

Split the price of the CanDoo Pro with a buddy. That's what I did. You get 4 licenses with it but be warned ...once you register a machine on it, you can't replace it with another one!

So upon pulling my ski out of the water on Sunday I noticed my instrument cluster was scrolling "Maintenance Required". I bought the ski brand new and I have done all the routine upkeep with the ski thus far and I'm hoping it's just a maintenance schedule reminder since it's about to hit 30 hours and it's telling me I just need an oil change or something like that. Anyone know if my assumption is right and if so how can I clear the announcement from the instrument cluster...?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

So I spent the money and bought the Candoo Pro to diagnose my "maintenance required" reminder I was getting on the cluster. Not sure how specific of an answer I was expecting but it came back as saying "IBR Low Voltage Detected". Can anyone elaborate on this diagnosis...?

Is this code Active or Occurred? It is typical to see Occurred codes like this, simply clear them and move on. Did you reset your Maintenance service?

I did a 10 and a 20 hr service. Only got about 10 hrs of use the first two years I owned it. So if anything I'm ahead of the recommended maintenance schedule.
I have 16 hours on mine in a month. I ran 4 hours in a day lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Is this code Active or Occurred? It is typical to see Occurred codes like this, simply clear them and move on. Did you reset your Maintenance service?

I believe its occurred. I cleared the code but I'm still getting "Maintenance Required" and that wrench in a circle symbol upon turning the ski on. Re-ran the diagnostics and the code was no longer coming up on the Candoo but the ski is still giving me the notification when I first turn it on. It goes away after a minute or so only to show up again every time.

After you clear or reset the maintenance timer, you then have to "write" this change back to the seadoo, otherwise the seadoo does not register the re-set.

After you clear or reset the maintenance timer, you then have to "write" this change back to the seadoo, otherwise the seadoo does not register the re-set.

On the non-iControl skis (like earlier than 2010 or so, with the Siemens ECU) you are right. But his is an iControl ski, which means that you do not have to write the change to make it work. You just have to hit the button and it will reset it, no need to write it.

On the non-iControl skis (like earlier than 2010 or so, with the Siemens ECU) you are right. But his is an iControl ski, which means that you do not have to write the change to make it work. You just have to hit the button and it will reset it, no need to write it.

Thank you for the info...I'm still a little curious as to why such a code would come on in the first place. I feel like clearing it and pretending it wasn't there is waiting for trouble haha. Any idea what that code was referring to?

Sounds like it was just the maintenance reminder which comes on at or around certain hour intervals so you'll get more of them. Read your owners manual for details and hour marks.

They really are just a reminder that you need to pay some money to your dealer. lol. All scheduled maintenance items are in your owners manual which you can download for free from sea-doo website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back