LOTS of oil in intake?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepotz

When I was re-doing the fuel lines and rebuilding the carb I noticed a large puddle of oil in the intake, but I chalked it up to the engine being immersed in oil, and therefore maybe "normal" -nope, now all I get is oil, oil, and more oil when I turn it over. anyone know what the prob is here? I am trying to blow it all out, but it is taking a very long time.

inner seals or the rv seal is/are bad...keep cranking. Worse case, if its the rv seal, replace it, inner seals, need new crank.

ok, so I got it running, and a HUGE puddle of oil poured out of my exhaust pipe. this ski has been sitting for 2 years, and started bogging out at the end of that summer. I contributed it to the grey fuel lines. what is an rv seal and how hard is it to replace? If it clears out and starts running fine, will these bad seals end up wrecking the engine? or will it just contiue to be a pain to start each season?

you got it going, so get it outon water, clearit out, make sure oil is in res bottle, mark the tank, and let sit for a day or 2. If the oil line dont go below the marking, your fine...but mark tank AFTER your done ripping around

leaky seals are kind of normal. My Si smoked after I got it running, but after a few days... there isn't any sign of extra oil. I'm sure after it sits for a couple months... it's going to smoke. Since yours was sitting for 2 years... it may have been a good thing. At least you know there was oil on the bearings.

As Seadooya said... go run it. If it sits for a week, and has the same oil issue... then you need to think about new seals.

She will look like a bug fogger for the first 100 yards then clear up. Turn it around and go back to the dock. Change the plugs and let it rip. At least you know it is getting oil.

When you get home after riding, knowing your ski will sit for a while just install a hose clamp on the oil line. This will keep gravity pressure off the crank seals.
When you get ready to go ride again simply remove the hose clamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back