Loose hose connection need to find location!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

KB.

G'day guys fist time using the 3d forum, just brought one 2 weeks ago. It is a 2005 RFI 3d. I have ridden the ski a lot over the past 2 weeks. Absolutely love it. I have a loose hose connection at the bottom of the engine bay. It is one of the three hoses that are fixed to the outside on the left of the fibre glass body. It is not the hose connected to the exhaust and it is not the hose connected to the fuel tank.

Is this the bilge pump hose? Or is it something else? And where is it fitted.
If anyone has any ideas or answers please let me know ASAP as I am hoping to go out all weekend on the water and for the problem to be fixed before then haha

Cheers KB

image.jpg
This is the end of the hose on the outside of the jet ski. It is the middle yellow outlet.
Does anyone know what that hose of for and it's purpose?

Could it be battery vent hose?
It doesn't reach the battery in length.
The way it's zip tied it looks as if it leads under the exhaust? Or something in that area near the throttle cable. if anyone has any ideas what this hose is connected to it would be much appreciated.

I forgot to mention I am getting a lot of water throughout the ski after an afternoons use. I know the 3D's have a bilge pump built in standard. where is the bilge pump located in the ski?

Cheers KB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys thanks heaps for all your help. Turns out it was a battery vent hose after doing a fair bit of research. The hose did not rach the battery because it had been cut off. The battery had been replaced with a fully sealed battery by the previous owner.

Thanks heaps for all the help though!

New problem has arrived. The Jet ski will not idle. When it idles it dies. It runs 100% when you ride it. But leave the jet ski off for 10 minutes or so and the turn it on, it stuggles and dies. Only fires when you constantly turn over the engine with the electric start button and play with the throttle. If it fires then idles it dies. If it fires and you accelerate instantly it runs fine.

Could this ne the spark plugs? injectors? battery conections? poor fue?

Only thing I have changed since I bought the ski a month ago is I refilled the oil with the seadoo branded synthetic oil for the 3d's.

ANy help would be great! as its frustrating to constantly turn over to start.

Cheers Kieran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back