Need help with 4-tech 155 cooling system hose connection

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

pawn

Spent hours on this and I need help. See attached picture. No matter what I try, I can't get this hose connector to snap in place. It came loose somehow (I suspect the dealer I brought it to pulled it off to check some smoking I had coming out of the back and they didn't connect it properly). Came off while I was on the lake yesterday and all of the coolant ran out of it. I also would love a parts diagram so I'm sure I'm putting the o-ring and the weird inline thing with a spring on it in the right way.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: sorry, forgot picture.

Attachments

• 20230723_174602.jpg
    20230723_174602.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
That's the thermostat housing. Make sure the thermostat is properly in place and the o-ring is seated on the cap and it will snap back in place. They do sometimes pop out on their own. You can add a hose clamp to the back edge which will keep it from falling out.

That's the thermostat housing. Make sure the thermostat is properly in place and the o-ring is seated on the cap and it will snap back in place. They do sometimes pop out on their own. You can add a hose clamp to the back edge which will keep it from falling out.

Thank you for responding. The thing is, I can't get it to snap back in place. I'm sure I have the little clips lined up right and I can't get it to snap in completely (I can get it mostly snapped in but there's always about 20% not in place). Are you saying it should just easily snap in by hand?

Also, of of curiosity, how does this thermostat work? It doesn't seem to be wired to anything. Just slides in and unconnected. It works though.

Thanks.

Saw a video just now of some guy snapping this in. Looked like it needs some force but not crazy. It plain out isn't happening like that for me. I get one side in and push with every fibre of my being to get the other side in same there's just no way. How crazy would it be to add some heat to the housing? Even a hair dryer?

You have to push it in fairly evenly, not snap one side in at an angle. They should all snap it at once. Takes some force and a coordinated push but it should snap in. I wouldn't use any heat.

You have to push it in fairly evenly, not snap one side in at an angle. They should all snap it at once. Takes some force and a coordinated push but it should snap in. I wouldn't use any heat.
Thanks again, I'll keep trying.

can you help me please. I have a 2003 gtx 4tec supercharged, gauges don't have power and it does one long beep but still starts. I can ride it, also has full power but does one long beep every 15-20 min while im riding.
do you know anything about this?

Yes, it's the communication error with the cluster. The older 4tecs, 2002-2005, will run fine without the guage. The 2006-2009 may run but typically have issues when the gauge is not hooked up or not working properly and need to be married to the ECU. Skis newer than this have to have a working cluster and married to the ECU (LCD may not work) to run.

Yes, it's the communication error with the cluster. The older 4tecs, 2002-2005, will run fine without the guage. The 2006-2009 may run but typically have issues when the gauge is not hooked up or not working properly and need to be married to the ECU. Skis newer than this have to have a working cluster and married to the ECU (LCD may not work) to run.
is it possible to save the cluster

There are a few people repairing this style gauge but I recommend using the conversion found on ebay to the newer style cluster that can be retrofitted.

If the hose is making it difficult you could remove it, put the housing back, then the hose, you might be trading one problem for 2.
The housing looks cracked on top, so I would definitely put the aforementioned hose clamp on it.
And it looks like it fits into the housing for the first 25%, tapered, so maybe you are hitting that.

Just curious as to what housing that is with the snap-in connection? And what years of the 155 4-tec that used that?
From the pictures, it looks like a typical factory assembly type set-up that WAS NOT really intended to be "serviced".
Do you (Sea-Doo) guys think that they just knocked (broke) that connection loose and then it just let go? Pretty cheesy set-up.
Just asking for all who are following these posted issues.

The water pump housing with that thermostat has been used on every seadoo 4tec ever made. Sometimes they just pop out, not common but it happens and have seen it several times.

Back