Water connection hose

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Will it be alright to connect a hose to my water hose, and put it inside the upper left input port, for I can run my engine for 2 minutes, do not have correct connection
2000 gs 718 see pic

Attachments

• 20230623_141504.jpg
    20230623_141504.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 9
The pump area looks super clean, good job. Yes, that is for a garden hose, its to flush your engines cooling system. 2 minutes is a little long though, your carbon seal won't cool when its running out of the water. That fitting is only to flush your system, not for running them out of the water. 1 minute max on the hose, 15 seconds running max without the hose. I know you probably already know this but i feel obligated to say it anyways. Start engine, start water, shut water off, shut engine off. The garden hose should never be on when the engine is off.

Without a good tight connection I doubt you will get enough water to flow through the system to properly cool the engine. I would buy the proper connector.

And what burtshaver said above about running time

The pump area looks super clean, good job. Yes, that is for a garden hose, its to flush your engines cooling system. 2 minutes is a little long though, your carbon seal won't cool when its running out of the water. That fitting is only to flush your system, not for running them out of the water. 1 minute max on the hose, 15 seconds running max without the hose. I know you probably already know this but i feel obligated to say it anyways. Start engine, start water, shut water off, shut engine off. The garden hose should never be on when the engine is off.
Thanks

I use one of these so I don't have to run to the hose bib to control it. And I use a 25 PSI pressure regulator from a drip irrigation system. Water comes out the tell-tail same as when the ski is operating, not rocketing into the garage like full pressure. I am not testing the pressure limit of the ski cooling system.

I use one of these so I don't have to run to the hose bib to control it. And I use a 25 PSI pressure regulator from a drip irrigation system. Water comes out the tell-tail same as when the ski is operating, not rocketing into the garage like full pressure. I am not testing the pressure limit of the ski cooling system.
I thing they have something like this at hardware, it does screw in just below in where I was going to put my hose, correct, look at my pic

I have a 1997 GTI. In the operator's manual under the post-operation section, look at cooling system flushing.
flush 1.PNG

Follow the start, turn on water, turn off water, shut off engine sequence. What burtshaver said. I have never run it this way over a minute and I don't rev it. I may be the least experienced person on here so there is that to consider.

Brian

Back