Looking to purchase 2006 Speedster 200 - Advice needed please -

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gtoimpulse

Hi, I am a new member and new to boating, so please no big boating words. My boat knowledge is not that good.

I am looking at a 2006 Speedster 200 430 no tower with trailer. It has 160 hours (salt water use) and was in dry storage until January of this year and under a cover since then. It has been sitting and not used since February but has fuel stabilizer. Previous owner has all of the repair, maintenance history (I have not seen yet). Previous owner is probably 50's or so. The washers to his knowledge are the original ceramic. He said the wear rings were replaced last year. Seats are in good shape and it looks like it will clean up nicely. Engines look clean. The decals are not faded but there are some scratches. There are also some scratches in different spots on the hull. Owner said it had it's last service towards the end of last year. He said he never used the trailer, but it was sitting outside. I plan on having a tech look it over and provide we with diagnostics and will do compression check. I have not water tested, but probably will beforehand. We have come to an agreement (assuming that the tech doesn't find something else) on a price of $13,000.

Am I missing anything else that I should consider, what should I ask the tech to check?

Does the price sound good?

I will change the washers first thing, what else would you do?
Any help, input is appreciated greatly!

Take the S/C out and send to Jerry @ greenhulk. You can check the impellor for rock chips and wear ring as well. Lake test and look for leaks and that every switch works. That's about all I can think of.

If the survey comes back clean it sounds like a pretty good deal. #13K seems well below NADA average...

seems good to me, im trying to find one as well and most non s/c 04's are 15k in my area which makes no sense bc 06's with 215 s/c's are listing at 16k. I would jump on the one you found.

Also I don't know if you go on the greenhulk site but there is a write up on how to remove the superchargers in the Q and A section. Really simple, a few bolts and it pulls out. The info to send them in is on there too. He does great work and must have done hundreds already if not more.

Updated! More advise needed please guys.

The technician went to see the boat and said it was in great condition. The owner kept service records that tech said he had never seen as good or as much detail. Everything works, no corrosion anywhere. With a good detail it would look new. The impellors were good. One of the pumps were rebuilt. He scanned it and said the majority of hours were at 2000 RPM and it was never in limp mode ... Sounds great, now for the catch it didn't have 160 hours it had 310. Tech said not to worry too much about hours on these boats as long as the maintenance was good.

What do you guys think?

Obviously the value is different, right?

Thanks in advance

I don't know the life of those engines, but I would think there is lots left in them. The SC's must have been serviced in that time as well. Price sounds great. I my try buying it out from under you!!!

This may be a stupid question...but was it 310hrs for both engines combined? Does each engine measure seperate hour or is the diagnostics just performed through a computer and tallys all the hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back