Long time Jet Ski owner...first time SeaDoo owner

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradb

Hey Everyone!

My name is Brad, and I have been around jet ski's and such since the early 90's. I still have my first ski, it is a 1982 JS 440 standup. I just came across a great deal on a used 2007 Sea Doo RXP. So I am very new to this whole 4 stroke thing. I have heard about the need to rebuild the supercharger if b/f 2008. Any thoughts or experiences?

I own an 09 RXT which is basically the big brother to the 07 you bought. You will LOVE the Supercharged (SC'd) engine. The 4-tech engine is very well proven. You can get thousands of hours out of them with basic maintenance. They really can not be any easier, put gas in the tank and make sure there is oil in the engine. Start it and enjoy it.

I change my oil once a season. When I lived up north, I did it when I winterized the ski so that the dirty oil wasn't sitting in the engine all down season year long.
Now that I live in the south, I'll just pay attention to the hours or do it once a year.

Joe, I bought a flush kit for the Seadoo rxp. I want to install the t fitting in the hose coming off the top of the exhaust pipe, but do I need to plug the current fitting that is on the stbd side of the pump housing. It seem like there should be some sort of check valve but there is not. Do they make a cap that would thread into the opening. Thanks..FYI I'm doing this bc the ski will be stored on a lift, and the new location will be easier to access...thanks

Well,, I can't honestly answer your question.. Until this season I had paid the dealer as well as let them change the oil at the end of the season. I had a coverage that I didn't want to argue with Seadoo in the event of an engine failure or a freezing issue. So, this will be the first season that I plan on doing the work. I need to look at my skis and see if I already have the fitting. My manual says that I do. I will pull the manula and see if I can answer your question thoguh.

There's a tube coming off the back of the ski right next to the pump. That's where the water connects. Make sure to turn the water on after its running and turn water off before you turn the motor off.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Well bro I just took my vts pump out not knowing anything about it, so I youtubed it..took it apart cleaned all rust and contacts put it back together and wala works perfect..I'll b bugging the shit out of you now that I know I got some support.. Thanks for even acknowledging me..

By the way what an awesome sight to b in with folks like you willing to share your knowledge without a Wapping bill to go with it..totally stoked can't wait to get this Summer started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back