2007 RXP 215 loosing power after 20mins !!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

geospatial

I am not a seadoo expert. I recently bought a 2007 RXP 215. Previous owner was a older gentleman who has had it since it was 2 years old…he didn’t really ride it to full capacity. At first i don’t think the supercharger was working properly but after a few rides it started to kicking at the require levels.. ‍♂️. Yesterday went for a cruise, some speed parts some slow parts approx 25mins duration… on the final 500m total loss of power except for general idle. When I tried to give it throttle it would initially try but then not respond…. I slowly limped in to the dock. 5mins later the seadoo was back to normal? Crazy.
I then completed the same loop today and literally at the same time it did the same thing… limped home the last leg again… back at the dock I looked over the engine bay nothing that was out of the normal.. started it up and it ran fine.. took it out again for 5mins, no issues lots of power… please help !!

Unfortunately the gauges are not working .. new gauge cluster coming next week..

if the supercharger is failing wouldn't it still respond to the throttle but with out the charger kicking in ?

when i got back to the dock the second time I unscrewed the gas cap and it seamed like there was a lot of suction....(vacuum)

I'm leaning towards a vacuum was created and the fuel was not getting to the engine...reason it worked minuets later is the vacuum slowly released and then meant the fuel to get to the engine .... I only say this due to both times it coming back to full power it was after a period of time at very low speed or stationary... vacuum slowly released itself over this period and therefore was back to normal ...any thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back