lock-tite

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

timmyboy76

throw'n it out there, don't know if state/nation wide, but "pepboys" by my pad, had the "lock-tite" 518 on the clearance table for 4 buks, picked one up, and it was same bottle size of gasket maker tube...

That is a good price and a great gasket maker. I bought some when it first hit the market and have liked it ever since. I use it alot on transmissions and transfer cases. It also works great for a thread sealant.

Permatex....

I've always been a Permatex man myself. The blue and black, can't beat it.

When Loctite first came out, there only product was thread locking componds, now.....they've moved into everything.

Different strokes for different folks..............:cheers:

I like the permatex line too. I use a bunch of it actually. I have taken classes through permatex. loctite, ritelock and several other sealant/gasket maker companies over the years. I learned all of them have their uses. There are a bunch of products most never hear about but are "the bomb" to use. The 518 loctite is an anerobic flange sealant meant to be used when the gaps between mating surfaces are at a minimum. I recomend checking out some of the product lines from the various companies or if you are a repair shop contact them and ask them to host a class at your facility.

Back